Quote of the Day: 'We Can't Outlaw Murder'

Taya Kyle began by praise-trolling the President for his message of hope, but pivoted to wondering why, instead of proposing measures to prevent gun violence, he doesn't instead offer hope by telling people how much the murder rate has gone down. This, apparently, despite murder being perfectly legal:
Taya Kyle began by praise-trolling the President for his message of hope, but pivoted to wondering why, instead of proposing measures to prevent gun violence, he doesn't instead offer hope by telling people how much the murder rate has gone down. This, apparently, despite murder being perfectly legal:
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 8.41.54 AM

Yes, this is a real thing that was said at at Thursday night's CNN-hosted town hall meeting with President Obama, Guns in America. In fact, it was the first thing said by anyone in the audience, courtesy of the widow of American Sniper Chris Kyle.

Taya Kylebegan by praise-trolling the President for his message of hope, but pivoted to wondering why, instead of proposing measures to prevent gun violence, he doesn't instead offer hope by telling people how much the murder rate has gone down.

This, apparently, despite murder being perfectly legal:

"I appreciate the time taking to come here, and I think your message of hope is something I agree with, and I think it's great and I think that by creating new laws, you do give people hope. The thing is that the laws that we create don't stop these horrific things from happening, right and that's a very tough pill to swallow. We want to think we can make a law and people will follow i, butt by the very nature of their crimes they are not following it. By the very nature of looking at the people who hurt our loved ones here, I don't know any of them would have been stopped by the background check and yet, I crave that desire for hope, too. Part of it is we have to recognize that we cannot outlaw murder, because the people who are murdering, right, are -- they are breaking the law but they also don't have a moral code that we have, so they could do the same amount of damage with a pipe bomb."

Great start, CNN.