Debbie Wassermann-Schultz and Hillary Clinton are Seriously Hurting The Democrats

The evidence is growing that the Democratic Party's two most powerful women conspired to rig the debate schedule in Hillary Clinton's favor.
The evidence is growing that the Democratic Party's two most powerful women conspired to rig the debate schedule in Hillary Clinton's favor.
hillary-clinton-debbie-wasserman-schult

Let me be clear about my position. I will support the Democratic nominee in November of 2016. The stakes for immigrants, people who have difficulty affording health care, and those of us who believe that Citizens United must be overturned are simply too high to allow a Republican to run our Country and select the next several Supreme Court Justices. That being said, Debbie Wassermann-Schultz and Hillary Clinton are seriously hurting our chances to keep the White House.

The evidence is growing that the Democratic Party's two most powerful women conspired to rig the debate schedule in Hillary Clinton's favor. Unsure of her ability to hold her own in a debate, Hillary's camp apparently worked with the DNC to mitigate her weakness by manipulating the number of debates and scheduling the few they were forced to have during times that would minimize viewers. At a time when Americans on all sides of the isle distrust the economic and political system, the Democratic National Committee has unambiguously joined the ranks of those who not only wield enormous power, but have no qualms about using that power to game the system.

As a progressive, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has been one of my least favorite Democrats for some time. Her right wing positions on marijuana legalization and President Obama's Iran Deal are clear indicators that she is completely out of touch with the Democratic base. A cursory look into Hillary's positions on marijuana and Iran shows that she is far to the right of the base on both issues but pretty much aligned with the DNC Chair. Additionally, as a Black person, her use of female identity politics quite frankly gives me the creeps. I can't imagine Barack Obama imploring voters to support him because we need a Black man in the White House or Bernie Sanders pumping his fist to the crowds reminding them that “it's time for a Jew.” Hillary and her number one supporter at the DNC apparently have decided that the Democratic Party should treat every candidate fairly as long as their name rhymes with Billary Flinton. The key to winning a political contest is always based on turning out your base. Hillary and D.W-S. Are infuriating and alienating their base and I fear it may come back to haunt the party, if not the entire nation.

The GOP base's revolt against their establishment candidates and the Democratic base's semi-revolt against the entitled class in our party are indicators that Americans as a whole are through with accepting candidates that are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wall Street and the billionaire class. We are witnessing a nationwide rejection of a government that has become merely an extension of corporate power that is unfortunately accompanied by a resurgence of right wing racism and nationalism. I only hope that Hillary and her DNC surrogate don't, through their greed and recklessness, hand the levers of power over to the worst possible elements in this Country.