We Have a Winner: Republican Lunatic Says She Will Shoot Syrian Refugees Herself

the prize for the most disgusting manifestation of American ignorance and unbridled hatred goes to one Michele Fiore (R), a Nevada Assemblywoman who told listeners on her weekly show on Las Vegas radio station KWDN that she would like to fly to Paris to see Syrian refugees and "shoot ‘em in the head myself."
the prize for the most disgusting manifestation of American ignorance and unbridled hatred goes to one Michele Fiore (R), a Nevada Assemblywoman who told listeners on her weekly show on Las Vegas radio station KWDN that she would like to fly to Paris to see Syrian refugees and "shoot ‘em in the head myself."
fiore

We have a winner everyone -- the prize for the most disgusting manifestation of American ignorance and unbridled hatred goes to one Michele Fiore (R), a Nevada Assemblywoman who told listeners on her weekly show on Las Vegas radio station KWDN that she would like to fly to Paris to see Syrian refugees and "shoot ‘em in the head myself."

Discussing why she did not sign a statement from Republican members of the state assembly that opposed resettling Syrian refugees in Nevada, Fiore told listeners that:

I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out, just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I'm good with that.

Of course pointing out the fact that Syrian refugees and terrorists are not the same thing wouldn't do much good when talking someone who speaks of "putting down" other human beings like animals. But then this shouldn't come as much of a surprise for anyone familiar with Fiore and her take on morality. TPM dug up their family Christmas card from several years back:

Dvydb58athsqyakzf2g8

Just think about it for a second -- on a day celebrating the life of a deity sent by God to bring peace on earth, Fiore and her family figured the best way to celebrate this would be to arm themselves with military grade weapons and share the photo with their friends via facebook. Where this fits into the teachings of Christ is anyone's guess, but then that would require actual reading on the Fiore family's part. It is of course better to make up your own interpretation of the teachings of Christ, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with the actual teachings of Christ.

This is what the Republican party has now become -- a grotesque cesspool of illiterate inbreds who have gained notoriety by appealing to the worst aspects of humanity -- and we must be aware of this cancerous growth in American society in order to dissolve it.

Drowning out the noise coming from people like Fiore won't come from censoring her or pretending she doesn't exist. She, and others like her, need to be exposed as far and wide as possible so that karma has its best chance of coming around as quickly as possible.