Alert Fox News! President Obama Snubs Kwanzaa!

Maybe this will finally get someone to stick up for Kwanzaa.
Maybe this will finally get someone to stick up for Kwanzaa.
kwanzaa

Since Fox News didn't notice, here's a little War on Christmas™ assist. On Saturday, the White House released a statement from President and Mrs. Obama on the celebration of Kwanzaa, but when the Obamas addressed the troops at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe Bay, there was conspicuous silence on the subject:

"Hello, everybody! Merry Christmas! Mele Kalikimaka! Happy New Year! Happy Hanukkah! We just want to -- hope you guys are having a great holiday. And it is wonderful to see all of you. This is one of our favorite things to do every single year, because not only are we in Hawaii for Christmas, but we’re also able to say thank you on behalf of the American people."

He mentions Christmas twice, and Hannukah, the other December holiday that even the people who celebrate it don't care about, but no love for Kwanzaa? And what was with that secret Muslim "Melle Mel Kamehameha" greeting? Where is Fox News when you really need them?

President Obama's vacation has also meant the return of another great holiday tradition: the increasingly bitter pool reports:

Thursday, December 24, 2015 06:49 PM
Subject: White House travel pool report #5, 12/24/15 -- Kailua departure #3

President Obama's motorcade left Kailua at 6:45 p.m. with no sighting
of POTUS nor word from the White House about where we are headed. But
we do offer the following observation: It's almost dinner time.

We're rolling.

Julie Hirschfeld Davis
White House Correspondent
The New York Times

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 07:26 PM
Subject: White House travel pool report #5a, 12/24/15 -- Dining out on Christmas Eve

At 7:15 p.m., President Obama's motorcade pulled into a driveway in
downtown Honolulu, having passed the impressive display of Christmas
lights and larger-than-life figurines arrayed at the Honolulu Hale
(that's Hawaiian for city hall).

The White House shares that POTUS and the first family are dining with
family and friends at MW Restaurant, which features creative Hawaiian
fare including such entrees as garlic-steamed onaga-long-tail red
snapper ($35) and a $45 "beef and foie gras." Your pool is enjoying
none of that in our hold down the road.

Julie Hirschfeld Davis
White House Correspondent
The New York Times

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 10:26 PM
Subject: White House travel pool report #6, 12/24/15 -- Dinner departure

After more than three hours at MW, when your pool had long-since grown
weary of the Christmas-themed pop remix selections blaring in our
hold, President Obama wrapped up his elegant Christmas Eve dinner and
at 10:24 p.m., his motorcade departed the restaurant.

We came no closer to seeing Obama than we did to seeing Santa, but we
do see a full moon shining brightly in the ink-black sky as we roll
through the streets of Honolulu.

Julie Hirschfeld Davis
White House Correspondent

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:00 PM
Subject: White House travel pool report #6a, 12/24/15 -- Kailua arrival and lid

The motorcade returned to Kailua at 10:54 p.m., where a mere 17 hours
and 15 minutes after we assembled for President Obama's Christmas Eve
adventures, a lid was called.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Julie Hirschfeld Davis
White House Correspondent
The New York Times

Here are President Obama's full remarks to the troops:

THE PRESIDENT: Hello, everybody! Merry Christmas! Mele Kalikimaka! Happy New Year! Happy Hanukkah! We just want to -- hope you guys are having a great holiday. And it is wonderful to see all of you.

This is one of our favorite things to do every single year, because not only are we in Hawaii for Christmas, but we’re also able to say thank you on behalf of the American people. So many families here are serving tirelessly. And it’s not just those in uniform who serve, it’s also the spouses, the kids. There are times where you’re missing birthdays, missing soccer games, making sacrifices.

As we know, when you’re deployed overseas, it’s tough. And even though we’ve been able to reduce the number of folks who are deployed in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, there are still folks over there every single day. And it’s still dangerous, as we saw this past week, where we had some outstanding, brave men and women who were killed.

And so we never take for granted what all of you do for the American people. You help keep us free. You help keep us strong. And whatever service you’re in, whatever branch, we are extraordinarily grateful for everything that you do every single day. And we hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas.

For those of you who are with your families, that is a true blessing. For those of you who are still a little bit far away from home, we hope you had a chance to give them our best and let them know that we love them as well. Michelle and I are looking forward to taking pictures with all of you. And we see a couple of new babies this time -- we always get our baby fix when we take these photos.

But the main thing I just want to say is keep up the extraordinary work. To Colonel Killeen and the rest of the commanding officers here, thank you for doing such an extraordinary job. And thank you for welcoming us as well. The only problem I’ve got when I’m here is having to work out with Marines in the gym. (Laughter.) Because I generally feel like your Commander-in-Chief is in pretty good shape, and then I get next to some guy curling 100 pounds and it makes me feel small. (Laughter.) But that’s okay. It gives me some inspiration. I’m going to work harder so I can keep up with you next year, all right?

Thank you, everybody. God bless you. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.