Status update

Chris Hayes has a hilarious alternative to shutting our borders to Muslims.
Chris Hayes has a hilarious alternative to shutting our borders to Muslims.
milk

Chris Hayes has a hilarious alternative to shutting our borders to Muslims and maybe torturing the ones who are left here. Here's his suggestion for the panicky Trump fans:

"When I am fearful, I find a little bit of milk and a little bit of toast calms me right down."

Knowing this crowd, you'd better still make with the rubber sheets. Tough guy Republicans sure are afraid lately. They're happy to stand up to Starbucks cups, not so much Jihadists

Also hilarious is this clip of CNN panelists reacting to strategist Rick Wilson's use of profanity (h/t Dave Weigel):

"He knows the more he shows his ass, the bigger fool he makes of himself, the more you will just shovel it down because the Trump show is great television."

Speaking of Trump's grand Muslim-banning idea, the Hillary Clinton campaign sent out this strongly-worded fundraising email from Huma Abedin:

Friend --

Donald Trump is leading in every national poll to be the Republican nominee for president. And earlier today, he released his latest policy proposal: to ban all Muslims from entering our country. I'm a proud Muslim -- but you don't have to share my faith to share my disgust. Trump wants to literally write racism into our law books. His Islamophobia doesn't reflect our nation's values -- it goes far enough to damage our country's reputation and could even threaten our national security. Unfortunately, Trump is leaning into the kind of fear of progress that very well could help him win the nomination. We have to be ready to stop him. Chip in to stand with Hillary and build a stronger, fairer, more inclusive country together: Donate $1 Thank you, Huma Huma Abedin Vice Chair Hillary for America