How Powerful is #Bernie Love?

berniesanders1

How Powerful is #Bernie Love? Powerful enough to get Chris Hayes to un-ironically cite a Frank Luntz focus group.

I love Bernie, too, but to quote a great Carno-American, I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

It's also powerful enough that Hayes only played the first part of Sanders' debate sparring over gun control, and left out Martin O'Malley's coup de grace:

O'Malley: Sandy and Lonnie Phillips are here from Colorado. And their daughter, Jessie, was one of those who lost their lives in that awful mass shooting in Aurora.

Now, to try to transform their grief, they went to court, where sometimes progress does happen when you file in court, but in this case, you want to talk about a -- a rigged game, Senator? The game was rigged. A man had sold 4,000 rounds of military ammunition to this -- this person that killed their daughter, riddled her body with five bullets, and he didn't even ask where it was going.

And not only did their case get thrown out of court, they were slapped with $200,000 in court fees because of the way that the NRA gets its way in our Congress and we take a backseat. It's time to stand up and pass comprehensive gun safety legislation as a nation.

Sanders: I think the governor gave a very good example about the weaknesses in that law and I think we have to take another look at it.