Whoah! Kevin McCarthy drops out of race for Speaker of the House

Whoah! Kevin McCarthy drops out of race for Speaker of the House

And here's Jason Chaffetz dancing on the still-warm political corpse of Kevin McCarthy. Seems real broken up about it.

https://youtu.be/E8cUtzGHi3E

Paul Ryan says he won't run for Speaker, so I guess that leaves Louie Gohmert or a sentient AR-15:

“Kevin McCarthy is best person to lead the House, and so I’m disappointed in this decision. Now it is important that we, as a Conference, take time to deliberate and seek new candidates for the speakership. While I am grateful for the encouragement I’ve received, I will not be a candidate. I continue to believe I can best serve the country and this conference as Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.” – Rep. Paul Ryan

Josh Earnest on McCarthy dropout:

https://youtu.be/nvknAj1U84w