Mika Brzezinski Disrespects Star Wars, Calls it 'Stupid'

As if you needed another reason to hate Morning Joe.
As if you needed another reason to hate Morning Joe.
star wars

As you may or may not have heard, there's a new trailer out forStar Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, and everyone agrees it is awesome. Well, almost everyone. On Tuesday's Morning Joe, co-host Mika Brzezinski flouted common sense and simple human decency by trashing the film and its fans as "stupid, stupid, stupid," and even kept bitching as they played the trailer (for the spoiler-averse, I've edited out that part):

https://youtu.be/cvkv5O9hSJo

"It is stupid. It is so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I can't stand Star Wars. The costumes and the weird people."

I have been fairly consistent about not demanding firings over controversial comments, but this is an outrage! Seriously, someone needs to get a petition going. This veers beyond Brzezinski's normal self-conscious bid to imitate cutesy "banter" with her co-host (which is, itself, enough to make me never want to banter again), and into gender minstrelsy.

In case you thought that Scarborough would make things better, though, he went on to do a terrible Yoda impression, then explained that Star Wars is awesome because boys like it so much (hang in to hear him tip his hat to "Julie Louise Dreyfus," whoever that is):

https://youtu.be/NGkQy4viAjQ

"You're excited because you got a couple of boys and you guys grew up watching this. And my boys grew up watching this. We get together this weekend, my 7-year-old, my 27-year-old, my 24-year-old, all the boys. What are we talking about? All weekend, Star Wars"

Contrary to popular and limiting myth, lots of girls and women love Star Wars, and even love the "weird" costumes, even if they don't love all the bros who love it.