CNN Asks Lindsey Graham To Play 'F**k, Marry, Kill' With Palin, Hillary, and Fiorina

This is the hardest question Graham or anyone else will get on the campaign trail.
This is the hardest question Graham or anyone else will get on the campaign trail.
Immigration Reform

The presidential election is more than a year away, but it seems the press is already out of questions and angles. How you else do explain a veteran CNN political reporter asking presidential candidate Lindsey Graham to play Fuck, Marry, Kill?

In CNN's first "Politics on Tap" happy hour on Tuesday, the senator from South Carolina regaled the audience with jokes and anecdotes while fielding questions from the network's Dana Bash and David Chalian. A night that featured Graham toasting "to the Donald" and admiring the alcohol tolerance of John McCain and Hillary Clinton, ended a little.... weirdly.

Bash concluded the lighthearted part of the evening with a game. "There is a fun bar game, which I will clean up, because we are in mixed company, and on television," said Bash. "So, I'm going to call it: Date, marry, or make disappear forever."

The not-cleaned up version of the game, of course, is Fuck, Marry, Kill. And usually, it's not this difficult. In fact, this is probably the hardest question Graham -- or any other candidate -- will get on the trail. Even more amazing than the fact that this question was asked, is the fact that Graham actuallyanswered it. I guess when you're polling at two percent far behind pair of lunatics who make you ask aloud, "How am I losing to these people?", then playing Fuck, Marry, Kill at a press event isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

As The Washington Postreported,

"Date, marry, or make disappear forever," said Bash. "Take your time, senator."

Graham, a natural wit, found his way around the question. "Date" came first. "Sarah Palin -- we'll go hunting on our first date," he said. Next was "marry," an easy joke set-up.

"Carly, because she's rich," said Graham.

When Bash pressed, and asked Graham if he would erase the existence of Hillary Clinton, he was ready with the punchline.

"No, but is she rich? She said she was flat broke."

Follow me on twitter