Rich Lowry's 'Cut Trump's Balls Off' Line Was Premeditated

I don't think Rich Lowry should be suspended from Fox News, but if part of his defense is that his comment just flew out in the heat of discussion, there's smoking-gun evidence to show that excuse just doesn't cut it.
I don't think Rich Lowry should be suspended from Fox News, but if part of his defense is that his comment just flew out in the heat of discussion, there's smoking-gun evidence to show that excuse just doesn't cut it.
lowrycspan

The roiling feud between Donald Trump and Fox News is roiling a little bit harder today over National Review editor Rich Lowry's comment that Carly Fiorina "cut (Donald Trump's) balls off with the precision of a surgeon" at last week's debate. The remark, made on Wednesday night's The Kelly File, was met with stunned laughter by the show's anchor, Megyn Kelly, and her guests, but it's got Trump in a lather.

Like my pal Joe Concha, I agree that the remark was in poor taste, although it is in keeping with Lowry's odd penchant for politico-sexual imagery. As a matter of principle, I don't think Rich Lowry should be suspended from Fox News, but if part of his defense is that his comment just flew out in the heat of discussion, there's smoking-gun evidence to show that excuse just doesn't cut it.

As Joe noted, Lowry's remark had all the self-satisfied hallmarks of a pre-planned attack, but in case there was any doubt, Lowry did, in fact, go into that Kelly File segment having already road-tested that exact line, verbatim. During an interview with Rand Paul campaign manager Chip Englander a full day-and-a-half earlier, Lowry spit that pearl out on C-Span 3:

https://youtu.be/eGTvpLENtjw

My apologies to C-Span 3 if Donald Trump now decides he's going to boycott you, as well.

Lowry also tried the line out on the radio last week, which means he myust really think it's a work of genius:

In case you missed it, here's what Lowry said on The Kelly File, followed by some bros cracking wise about chicks:

https://youtu.be/HHWbsovYDps