Camerawoman Trips Fleeing Refugee Proving Humans Are Assholes

Jail time would be too good for this woman.
Jail time would be too good for this woman.
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 11.02.10 AM

Just when you thought humanity was turning a corner, some idiot has to go on live television and trip a fleeing refugees to remind us that we are in fact, assholes.

Photographer Petra László, who was working for the far right Hungarian news station N1TV, was caught tripping Syrian refugees trying to flee from the police in the village of Röszke, a border hotspot. László was caught tripping a teenage boy, a man carrying a small child (who fell from the trip), and also kicking a little girl holding her father's hand. Here is footage of László kicking the teenage boy and little girl:

And here she is tripping the man holding his daughter:

László was fired by her station after the footage emerged due to “unacceptable behavior.” Editor in chief Szabolcs Kisberk wrote in a statement posted on the station’s website:

The camerawoman’s employment has today been terminated with immediate effect, the case is now closed for us.

It is also possible that László could be doing some jail time given opposition parties Együtt-PM and the Democratic Coalition have apparently both stated that they will be initiating criminal charges against László, who could potentially face up to five years in prison for "violence against a member of the community."

The incident has sparked global outrage given the harrowing images we've been seeing recently of the terrible plight refugees face. Images of dead children, distressed parents, and terrible living conditions have created an awareness about the human side of 'illegal immigration', and László's actions have highlighted just how appalling we can be to the most vulnerable people on the planet.

Jail time would be too good for this woman.