Steve King: Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Allows People to Marry Lawnmowers

Seriously, is there anyone left among the congressional Republicans with any dignity or self-respect?
Seriously, is there anyone left among the congressional Republicans with any dignity or self-respect?
steveking

Like Louie Gohmert, here's another sitting member of the U.S. Congress:

I had a strong, Christian lawyer tell me yesterday that, under this decision that he has read, what it brings about is: It only requires one human being in this relationship—that you could marry your your lawnmower with this decision. I think he's right.

Yes, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) believes the Supreme Court's decision in the landmark Obergefell v. Hodges case means that Americans can now legally marry their lawnmowers. We've moved beyond "man on dog" to "man on outdoor appliance." Imagine if Democrats reacted to, say, the Citizens United decision by saying that it'd allow space aliens to control our elections -- lest anyone still believe both parties are the same.

Seriously, is there anyone left among the congressional Republicans with any dignity or self-respect?