Ted Cruz is a Self Hating Latino

Senator Ted Cruz, a Cuban American, has such little respect for his own ethnicity and cultural identity that he will not criticize a man who publicly labeled Hispanics 'rapists' and 'criminals' not only once, but twice.
Senator Ted Cruz, a Cuban American, has such little respect for his own ethnicity and cultural identity that he will not criticize a man who publicly labeled Hispanics 'rapists' and 'criminals' not only once, but twice.
Trump Cruz

“I salute Donald Trump for focusing on the need to address illegal immigration. The Washington cartel doesn't want to address that. The Washington cartel doesn't believe we need to secure the borders. The Washington cartel supports amnesty and I think amnesty's wrong, and I salute Donald Trump for focusing on it. He has a colorful way of speaking. It's not the way I speak, but I'm not going to engage in the media's game of throwing rocks and attacking other Republicans. I'm just not going to do it.”

 - Senator Ted Cruz speaking on NBC's Meet the Press, Sunady

Senator Ted Cruz, a Cuban American, has such little respect for his own ethnicity and cultural identity that he will not criticize a man who publicly labeled Hispanics 'rapists' and 'criminals' not only once, but twice.

Not only will Cruz not criticize Trump for his abhorrent comments, he is actually defending him - a truly stunning revelation that gives insight to the mind of a man who is so ashamed of his true identity that he will align himself with a man who has smeared his people with a grotesquely inaccurate stereotype. As shocking as Cruz's support of Trump is, it is worth remembering that this is also a man who has yet to come to terms with the fact the he is also Canadian.

Cruz's immersion in the extreme right wing politics of the modern Republican Party has clearly paid off as he - the son of an immigrant who came to Canada and stayed there by breaking the law - is now a spokesperson for anti-immigration. As Malcolm X once said "To teach a man to hate himself is much more criminal then teaching him to hate someone else." So congrats Republicans, you've done a great job with Ted Cruz.