My Shouting Match With Lunatic Conservatives Part 3473.....

"The debate turned into a shouting match on several occasions when both Cooper and Sauer started making up statistics and outright lying about topics they clearly didn't know anything about."
"The debate turned into a shouting match on several occasions when both Cooper and Sauer started making up statistics and outright lying about topics they clearly didn't know anything about."
Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 10.49.13 AM

A glutton for punishment, I went back on the Thom Hartmann show last night to debate the same hallucinating conservatives I did last time. Debating the latest dashcam video released in the Sandra Bland case, why Republicans in Congress want single pregnant women to get fired, and how John Kasich’s embrace of Obamacare will hurt him in the primary, I went toe to toe with conservative commentator Horace Cooper, and Libertarian Charles Sauer, an Economist and President of The Market Institute for 30 minutes of solid action.

The debate turned into a shouting match on several occasions when both Cooper and Sauer started making up statistics and outright lying about topics they clearly didn't know anything about. At one point Cooper tried to tell me, a Brit, that the National Healthcare Service (NHS) was not only a terrible health care system, but that it was bankrupting Britain - a flagrant lie perpetuated by conservatives that has nothing to do with reality. Firstly, the NHS is the most cost efficient deliverer of health care in the industrialized world. Last year, the respected Commonwealth Fund compiled large amounts of data and found Britain's health care service to be the best in the world in 8 out of 11 measures used by the survey. Incidentally, the US came last out of the 11 countries surveyed. The notion that the NHS is bankrupting Britain is a shopworn lie told by conservatives who refuse to acknowledge the cost the banking sector caused Britain in 2008 that sparked a world wide recession. The Tories cleverly attached Britain's economic woes to the previous Labour government's overspending on welfare - a nonsensical proposition that was unfortunately swallowed by a large percentage of the electorate (the truth is, Britain's spending on social welfare is about average when compared to other OECD nations). The NHS is hugely beneficial to the the least well off in Britain, so off course it is the first to be attacked by conservatives.

Anyway, the number of lies told by Cooper and Sauer got too much to handle throughout the debate, and myself and Hartmann had to stop them speaking and call them out for the utter bullshit they were spouting with absolutely no shame. Check it out: