Foreign Policy Genius Dick Cheney Says Iran Deal Puts World Closer to Next "Hiroshima"

Just as Saddam Hussein was a grave threat the United States because Dick Cheney wanted it to be, so too is Iran, despite there being no evidence whatsoever to support it.
Just as Saddam Hussein was a grave threat the United States because Dick Cheney wanted it to be, so too is Iran, despite there being no evidence whatsoever to support it.
Dick Cheney, Vice-President of the Unit

If there was one person on the planet no one should ever listen to when it comes to US foreign policy it would almost certainly be Dick Cheney. The former Vice President's major achievement in his 33 year political career was the utter decimation of Iraq - a cause he had campaigned for for years, and finally realized when his boss George W. Bush was stupid enough to listen to his advice.

"I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators," Cheney told Tim Russert on Meet the Press. "I’ve talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House....The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that."

Amazingly, Cheney's self confidence in his predictive abilities has remained intact despite not foreseeing the decade long civil war in Iraq and being wrong on pretty much everything. After the Obama Administration's historic deal with Iran, Dick Cheney emerged from his tomb to deliver the following nugget of Nostradamus-esque wisdom to Sean Hannity and Fox News viewers last night:

What Obama has done, has in effect sanctioned, the acquisition by Iran of nuclear capability. And it can be a few years down the road. It doesn’t make any difference. It’s a matter of months until we’re going to see a situation where other people feel they have to defend themselves by acquiring their own capability, and that will, in fact, I think put us to closer to use — actual use of nuclear weapons than we’ve been at any time since Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II.

So there you have it folks: Obama is leading us to into a nuclear holocaust. Except of course, he isn't given the deal reached with the Iranians does the exact opposite of what Cheney is implying. Of course in Cheney's alternate universe, Obama is the delusional leader ignoring reality. He continued:

I try to understand what it is Barack Obama thinks he’s achieving here, why he looks at the world in different light than anybody else does, but he clearly does not understand or chooses to ignore reality. And that’s going to cost us dearly as a nation, and it clearly has put us in a position where our capacity of influence in that part of the world has been dramatically undermined.

Obama reaches a historic deal where Iran agrees to a 98% reduction in its enriched uranium stockpile, remove two-thirds of its centrifuges and accompanying infrastructure, and agrees to comply with permanent IAEA inspections and 24/7 monitoring, yet according to Cheney this will cost the US dearly. How, you might ask? Well, just as Saddam Hussein was a grave threat the United States because Dick Cheney wanted it to be, so too is Iran, despite there being no evidence whatsoever to support it.