'Cuckservative' Is a Conservative Who Isn't Quite Racist Enough For Donald Trump Fans

There's a new "slur" for conservatives that attacks their sexual and racial potency, and guess which Republican candidate its adherents love the mostest?
There's a new "slur" for conservatives that attacks their sexual and racial potency, and guess which Republican candidate its adherents love the mostest?
donald-trump

You really do learn something every day, and thanks to my pal Matt Lewis, I learned what a "cuckservative" is today. Credit where credit is due, the term was actually brought to Matt's attention by Redstate's Erick Erickson, but Lewis' explanation is better, and more detailed:

A cuckold, of course, is a legitimate word for the husband of an adulterous wife -- but that doesn't really do justice to what they're suggesting here. The people who throw this term around are most likely referencing a type of pornography whereby a (usually, white) man is "humiliated" (or ironically thrilled) by being forced to watch his wife having sex with another (usually, black) man. I'm not going to link to this, but feel free to Google it.

So what does this have to do with conservatism or politics? By supporting immigration reform, criminal justice reform, etc., a white conservative is therefore surrendering his honor and masculinity (and it won't be long before his women folk are compromised, as well!). A cuckservative is, therefore, a race traitor.

The suggestion is that whites should only support policies that help whites. The goal is to stir up fear among whites -- and to encourage more tribalism and polarization.

The coinage of "cuckservative" does appear to be fairly recent, the earliest consistent examples of it's use on Twitter dating only back to March (with a one-off mention in 2010, slamming liberals). For the most part, it is used to describe other conservatives, but in some  instances, it was used to reference the people who actually use the phrase.

According to Erickson, "cuckservative" is "a slur against Christian voters coined by white-supremacists," and according to Ace of Spades contributor Jeff B, it's popular with a certain Republican candidates' most ardent supporters:

Indeed, searches of Google and Twitter turn up many examples of pro-Trump posters deriding "cuckservatives," while praising Trump. The term was obliquely referenced by Rush Limbaugh recently in Trump's defense:

"Trump was supposed to be history by now. And it was your host, El Rushbo, who said, "Whoa. Put the brakes on it, here. Wait just a second. We don't know this yet, 'cause Trump's not playing by the rules." If Trump were your average, ordinary, cuckolded Republican, he would have apologized by now, and he would have begged for forgiveness, and he would have gone away. And the establishment would have claimed another scalp, claiming that they had protected the sanctity of campaigns."

The term is blowing up on Twitter right now, so Matt Lewis wrote about it in an effort to keep it from catching on with other conservatives as a synonym for RINO, which was good of him.

I'm writing about it because I'm not nearly as nice, and I find it amusing on several levels. The self-satisfaction of the Trump fans who use this term serves to reinforce their own insecure, overcompensatory, and toxic masculinity, but it also reveals the razor-thin gradients of conservative belligerence.

There is nary a Republican presidential candidate who disagrees with Donald Trump on the substance, and I'd challenge anyone to find a conservative blogger who hasn't used the similarly pseudo-butch insult "beta male," including Erick Erickson. Nice guys like Matt Lewis notwithstanding, the "cuckservative" slur and the Trump candidacy are as perfect examples as I've ever seen of reaping what you sow.