Chris Christie is Addicted to Fat and Sugar but Wants to Make a Harmless Plant Illegal

Does Chris Christie have the right to tell us what we can put in our bodies?
Does Chris Christie have the right to tell us what we can put in our bodies?
Sea Isle City Promenade

It is amazing that in 2015 we are still arguing about the legality of a plant that has not killed anyone in human history and has been scientifically proven to contain borderline miraculous healing properties.  However the obese, sugar and fat addicted bully-boy cum Presidential candidate Chris Christie is making the legality of marijuana a focal point in his 2016 campaign, telling a crowd at a town-hall meeting in New Hampshire today that:

If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it. As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.

What a tough guy.

It is worth mentioning that Christie spent $82,594 of taxpayers money on junk food at the MetLife Stadium during the 2010 and 2011 football seasons, and was so morbidly obese that he had extreme weight loss surgery because he could not control himself around food.

chris christie

Does Chris Christie have the right to tell us what we can put in our bodies?

Being overweight is no laughing matter, and no one deserves to be made fun of because of their destructive relationship with food. But if you are going to go around lecturing other people on what they can and can't put in their bodies while gorging on substances that will literally kill you, then you lose all rights to not be ruthlessly pilloried in public.

The truth is, Chris Christie represents the boorish, red blooded male ego of American culture - a culture that is clearly on the decline. As marijuana, gay marriage and women's rights issues continue to spread throughout the country, it is inevitable that the decaying relics of white male dominance will fight tooth and nail to stay relevant. The problem is, it's too little too late. As marijuana laws look set to change around the country at an astonishing speed, Republicans like Christie will be facing an electoral nightmare given Colorado, New Hampshire and Nevada, are all vital swing states, and have all legalized marijuana. The statistics are unequivocal, support for legalization is rapidly outpacing opposition as Americans move on from the paranoid delusions of moralizing politicians to hard science and, well, common sense.

The legalization of cannabis is a sign of a maturing society that is less puritanical, less hypocritical and more at ease with itself. It is also the sign of a country leaving politicians like Chris Christie behind.