Pam Geller Has a Genius Plot To Rid DC Trains and Buses of Muslims

On Tuesday, Pam Geller submitted an ad campaign to DC's transit authority that featured the winner of her Mohammad cartoon contest, which could result in a breezy commute for a few brave souls in our nation's capital.
On Tuesday, Pam Geller submitted an ad campaign to DC's transit authority that featured the winner of her Mohammad cartoon contest, which could result in a breezy commute for a few brave souls in our nation's capital.
bosch

On Tuesday, anti-Muslim activist and First Amendment crusader Pamela Geller unveiled the latest followup to the Muhammad Cartoon Contest in Garland, Texas that resulted in ISIS claiming credit for the two gunmen who bravely conquered American bullets with their faces. In an article on Breitbart.com, Geller quoted herself via a press release, and explained that the winner of that contest could soon be featured on Washington, DC buses and train stations:

I said in a statement: “Because the media and the cultural and political elites continue to self-enforce the Sharia without the consent of the American people by refusing to show any depictions of Muhammad or showing what it was in Texas that had jihadists opening fire, we are running an ad featuring the winning cartoon by former Muslim Bosch Fawstin from our Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest in Garland, Texas.”

Let the American people see what the cowardly press is censoring in accordance with the blasphemy laws under the sharia (Islamic law).

The ad campaign has been submitted to the Washington, D.C. MTA to run on buses and train dioramas in the Foggy Bottom, Capitol South, Bethesda, L’Enfant Plaza, and Shady Grove stations.

The winning cartoon is a bit of a shock, in that it features a relatively not-that-evil-looking Mohammad wielding a sword and snarling "You can't draw me!", to which the meta-cartoonist replies "That's why I draw you." Sure, he's got a Hitler mustache and crazy eyes, but given the assembled talent, I was expecting more, and the punch, as we say in the biz, was a little on-the-nose. It has all the transgressive qualities of a Family Circus cartoon (man, did Bil Keane ever miss a chance to make his "Not Me!" character famous).

In any case, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) has confirmed that the ads were received, and are under review, which sets up an interesting series of tests for Geller's stunt. She's already had some legal success placing controversial ads, but this will be the first featuring the forbidden cartoon art, and the first since the attack in Garland. The fact that the cartoon, by former Muslim Bosch Fawstin, is as relatively innocuous as it is means that WMATA will have little basis to object, other than the threat of violence. Pity the court that has to rule on that.

Assuming the ads ever make it into train stations and onto buses in Washington, DC, they will then test the real effect of this terrorist fringe on American behavior. My first instinct was that there would be a lot of near-empty buses and trains, but upon further reflection, I'm not so sure about that. If I've got to get across town in a hurry, I'd probably get on a bus that had an ISIS driver, as long as his license was clearly displayed and up-to-date. Or recently expired, that'd probably be okay too.

After some initial depression in ridership, there are probably a lot of people who would brave Muhammad-festooned public transportation, if only out of sheer necessity, and eventually, the argument goes, this prohibition would cease to have any effect. That is, unless and until someone blew one of those buses up. Then, the effect would be some dead Americans, and many living Americans saying "Worth it!"