Jeb Bush vs Jeb Bush on Whether He Would Have Invaded Iraq

Let's see if you can spot the difference between these two statements that were made four days apart.
Let's see if you can spot the difference between these two statements that were made four days apart.
jeb_bush_fist_pump

Let's see if you can spot the difference between these two statements that were made four days apart:

I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got.

- Jeb Bush speaking to Megyn Kelly, 5/10/15

And:

If we’re all supposed to ask hypothetical questions: ‘Knowing what we know now, what would you have done?’—I would not have engaged. I would not have gone into Iraq.

- Jeb Bush in Tempe, Arizona 5/14/15

This may be somewhat confusing, but fear not dear reader, there is a perfectly logical explanation. You see when you take advice from an expert on the Middle East, like say, George W. Bush, this seeming contradiction makes perfect sense. Following the same rationale that zeroed in on Iraq as the perfect target in response to an attack by Saudi Arabian terrorists, simultaneously believing you would and would not have gone to war in Iraq is not much of a stretch.

Perhaps this also means Jeb Bush is simultaneously running and not running for President in 2016, which would explain the two different candidates who look remarkably similar but are saying the exact opposite things.

It's only spring 2015, so buckle up for another 18 months of this.