Chris Christie Wants To Know Why Nobody Is Covering Hillary Clinton's Emails

Apparently, the governor slept through 100% of the coverage of Hillary's email "scandal."
Apparently, the governor slept through 100% of the coverage of Hillary's email "scandal."
Christie

Future former Republican presidential candidate and current New Jersey Governor Chris Christie must still think he's going to run for president (which is adorable) because he keeps making mouth-noises about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. During an interview on CNBC's Squawk Box Thursday, Christie even went so far as to demand an apology from the news media, whom he says paid too much attention to Bridgegate, and not enough to Hillary Clinton's emails.

While the demand for apologies was rich enough, it was Christie's flight into the realm of imagination that really took (all of the available) cake:

"If I came out the day after the Bridgegate thing was announced and said, 'By the way, all my e-mails are on a private server and I deleted a whole bunch of them, and I destroyed the server. But you have to take my word for it, the emails had nothing to do with the bridge stuff.' Can you imagine what would the reaction be?"

Imagining is fun, so let's ignore the fact that Hillary Clinton's emails continue to get more coverage than the sales tables at Muumuus 'n Things, and entertain the hypothetical in reverse. In case you missed it, one Christie ally has already plead guilty to criminal charges in connection with the politically-motivated lane closures to the George Washington Bridge, and two of his top-level officials are under criminal indictment. So, let's just assume that neither Bill Baroni nor Bridget Kelly flip on Christie, and let's even assume that's because he really didn't know anything about it.

Can you imagine if Huma Abedin had closed lanes into New Jersey to get back at a small-time New York state politician, and Hillary Clinton was like, "Well, I didn't know about that," and then demanded an apology from the media for covering the story?

Let's just put it this way, Governor Christie: this is the media reacting to Hillary Clinton being driven around in a van:

Any questions?