President Obama Brings Out Keegan-Michael Key To Be His "Anger Translator" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

The most amazing thing about this clip is watching President Obama use the bit as cover to genuinely speak his mind on the dangerous stupidity of those Republican lawmakers who still deny the science behind global climate change.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
The most amazing thing about this clip is watching President Obama use the bit as cover to genuinely speak his mind on the dangerous stupidity of those Republican lawmakers who still deny the science behind global climate change.
Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.12.52 PM

The second most amazing thing about this clip from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Dinner is how well President Obama plays straight man to Key & Peele's Keegan-Michael Key. He doesn't even crack a smile as Key rants behind him and beside him as his "anger translator" in a real-life performance of the popular running sketchKey does with Jordan Peele on their Comedy Central show.

The most amazing thing about this clip is watching President Obama use the bit as cover to genuinely speak his mind on the dangerous stupidity of those Republican lawmakers who still deny the science behind global climate change. It's the culmination of the sketch and it's just perfectly executed.

As expected, President Obama, who's already proven he's completely out of fucks to give, got in some good shots during his time at the podium. ("Dick Cheney says I’m the worst president of his lifetime. Which is interesting, because I think Dick Cheney is the worst president of my lifetime" and "People ask me, Mr. President, do you have a bucket list? Well, I have something that rhymes with bucket list.") But the moment of cleverly disguised outrage over America's anti-science Right might have been the smartest and most powerful.