Hack Smear-Merchant Chuck Johnson Alleges John Boehner Told a Racist Joke

Until it's independently verified by actual journalists, take the following with a grain of salt the size of your head.
Until it's independently verified by actual journalists, take the following with a grain of salt the size of your head.
Chucky-childs-play

Photo: Chuck C. Johnson*

Until it's independently verified by actual journalists, take the following with a grain of salt the size of your head, but internet smear-merchant Chuck C. Johnson has acquired a video that features the voice of Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) making a racially insensitive joke.

(You might recall Chuck Johnson as the blogger who outs alleged rape victims; forces his sources to pay him to provide information; and who's almost always wrong.)

In the video, we don't see Boehner, we only hear his admittedly distinctive voice say the words, “Who is my pick to win the NAACP-NCAA tournament?” We're not posting the link to Johnson's article because he doesn't deserve the traffic, but here's the video:

Boehner -- if this is in fact him -- uses an odd delivery while saying "NAACP-NCAA," making is seem as if he was deliberately telling a joke aimed at the stereotype that basketball is a predominantly African-American sport. But it's unclear whether he intentionally said "NAACP" -- it might've been an unfortunate slip of the tongue. In fact, a year ago Heather Childers from Fox & Friends similarly confused the two organizations, accidentally said the Connecticut Huskies were the "NAACP national champs."

Chuck Johnson further alleges without evidence that Boehner is drunk. Again, he might be, but he presents no evidence of Boehner's alleged drunkenness. Indeed, Boehner (again, if it's really him) sounds about as mumbly as he normally does.

It's also worth noting that Johnson was recently stopped and questioned by authorities while attempting to get into a California event featuring Speaker Boehner. Johnson has also been threatening to "take down" a public figure. It's unclear whether Boehner is the specific target of the threat.

But never forget: Chuck Johnson is almost always wrong.

*Johnson and his photographer asked us to remove photos of Johnson from the site. We happily complied.