Taylor Swift vs. Nine Inch Nails Is Pure Internet Magic

If you mix Shake It Off with The Perfect Drug...
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
If you mix Shake It Off with The Perfect Drug...
Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 8.02.49 AM

Say what you will about Taylor Swift -- and Lord knows I have before -- Shake It Off is a damn-near perfect song. It's deliriously infectious, as wonderful a pop confection as you're likely to hear in your lifetime. It's a testament to the damn thing that as many times as I've heard it, I haven't really gotten tired of it.

Well, because the internet is the internet, and its powers can used for good as much as the usual evil these days, somebody out there in the digital netherworld figured out that if you take the vocals from Nine Inch Nails' drum-and-bass-infused 1997 track The Perfect Drug and lay it overtop of Shake It Off, not only does it fit flawlessly -- and I mean flawlessly -- the result is glorious alchemy.

See and hear for yourself, and happy Friday.

By the way, if you're a scholar of his work, you know that the great Mark Romanek directed both Swift's and NIN's videos here.

(h/t Kottke)