Leonard Nimoy's Final Public Words Perfectly Sum Up the Beauty of Life

He lived long. And he prospered. That's all any of us can ever hope for.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
He lived long. And he prospered. That's all any of us can ever hope for.
Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 10.09.28 AM

Leonard Nimoy may be more a part of our popular culture, our collective consciousness and many of our childhoods than just about any other entertainment figure of the last half-century. So much will be written about him over the next few days -- about the impact and legacy of his Mr. Spock character and the kind heart and sharp mind that brought it to life -- but right now maybe the best thing to do is share his final public words.

On Friday morning Nimoy died at the age of 83 from end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. On Monday of this week, though, the day he was hospitalized with breathing trouble, he sent one last great message to the world via Twitter.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 9.49.10 AM

He lived long. And he prospered. That's all any of us can ever hope for.