Best Of Banter: GOP Govs Don't Care, Chuck C. Johnson's Still a Douche, and Bill O'Reilly's Most Bizarre Lie Yet

Here's the week that was, at The Daily Banter.
Here's the week that was, at The Daily Banter.
billo

Here's the week that was, at Banter.

Republican Govs Don’t Give a Shit They’re Blowing Holes In Their States’ Budgets

Scott Walker

The Republican brain has long since taken its leave on economic policy, but GOP governors like Scott Walker (Wisc.), Sam Brownback (Kan.) and Bobby Jindal (La.) have taken their recklessness to a new low by slashing taxes so low that their states are beginning to run deep deficits.

GOP politicians the country over have basically given up on the idea of managing the economy effectively. Instead, they've adopted the mantle of "screw you, got mine" and ramped up the rhetoric blaming the indolent poor for their own suffering under the economic fiasco they've created.  How's that for fiscal discipline?

You’ll Never Guess How Hack-Fraud Chuck C. Johnson Attacked a State Department Official

troll

Bob Cesca writes about how self-declared notable conservative journalist Chuck C. Johnson has somehow managed to find a new low: reporting on a State Department spokeswoman's very private health issue that resulted in her hospitalization in 1998. While the health issue in question was temporary and in no way impacts the official's way to do her job, Chuck felt the need to leer at her like a cartoon wolf.

Dinesh D’Souza Comes To America, Breaks Our Laws, Calls Our President 'Boy' and Says Liberals Are Bad Americans

Dinesh

Last week, conservative pundit and failed filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza tweeted a picture of the POTUS holding a selfie stick with the caption "YOU CAN TAKE THE BOY OUT OF THE GHETTO..." As Mike Luciano notes, this guy has some goddamn nerve:

Among his many accomplishments after immigrating to the United States from India, Dinesh D’Souza has very publicly outed several gay people who weren’t prepared to be outed, impugned the patriotism of liberals including an American World War II hero, broke federal campaign finance law, allegedly kicked his (now ex-) wife in the head, railed against law-breaking immigrants, and racistly called the nation’s first black president “boy.”

MEMBERS ONLY: How Much Would You Risk To Satisfy Your Greatest Sexual Desire?

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.41.27 PM

Many of us have flirted with the idea of an open relationship before, but Chez Pazienza has actually gone there and survived to tell the tale. But the self-described "mountain to which a good number of my friends go for counsel on all forms of deviant behavior" has a cautionary tale for the curious - it probably won't work out, and if it doesn't there's no going back. Instead, Chez counsels would-be "lifestyle" adherents that it's always a gamble letting third parties into your love life:

On the contrary, in some ways the unabashed sexual libertinism I shared with my girlfriend in my early 20s brought us closer together, given that the trust required to successfully navigate it felt like such rare and valuable thing. But if I was honest with myself during that period — and I absolutely wasn’t — there was really only one reason I encouraged us to indulge whatever pitch-black or adventurous appetites we might have had: I wanted it. I was a narcissist, an addict and an experience junkie — a pure hedonist who loved passionately but when it came down to it loved no one more passionately than himself. I likely would’ve been willing to gamble with anything to satisfy myself and ultimately that’s exactly what I did — and I lost.

 Bill O’Reilly’s Latest Whopper Lie is Also His Most Bizarre Lie So Far

o-OREILLY-BULL-BLANK-facebook

Bob covers Bill O'Reilly's most absurd, unbelievable lie about himself yet -- that he was personally present when a person of interest in the JFK assassination case blew his brains out with a shotgun in Florida. Not only is the whole story kind of dubious, but O'Reilly couldn't have been there when George de Mohrenschildt took his own life because he was in Dallas.

Five separate sources debunk this story, with one former colleague just straight-up saying O'Reilly "wasn't to be trusted." Ouch.

MEMBERS ONLY: Why Germany Should Remember History As It Starves Greece

Social soup kitchen in Athens

Editor-in-Chief Ben Cohen takes a deep, long look at the bloody swath German-backed austerity policies are cutting through the Greek economy and has an ominous lesson from the past: be careful what you push people to do. It wasn't so long ago that Germany once found itself brought to the brink of desperation by a vicious debt agreement imposed by foreigners perhaps more interested in teaching someone a lesson than getting their money back:

It is hard to understand the logic in all of this – how does taking a country to the brink of destruction help get your money back? Poverty breeds resentment and unrest – two things Germany should acutely be aware of.

After World War 1, Germany was forced to pay enormous reparations that sent its already war ravaged country into a deep depression and hyperinflation. After a brief respite due to American loans, the Great Crash in 1929 again left Germany unable to pay off its crippling debt. The toxic mix of resentment, poverty and a rapidly deteriorating state bred rabid political extremism. And we all know what happened next.

Harry Reid Goes Full ‘Matrix’ With Sunglasses At News Conference

HarryReid8

More of these excellent memes here.

Leaked Mossad Doc Shows Netanyahu Was Full Of Shit On Iran’s Nuclear Program

Untitled

Not many people would accuse Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of understating the case for bombing Iran, but leaked Mossad docs released to The Guardian show just how full of vile lies Bibi really is. The leaked cables reveal that Mossad was telling higher-ups Iran had no nuclear weapons production capacity at nearly the exact same time Netanyahu was "cavorting around the UN with a picture of a cartoon bomb, warning everyone in sight that an ayatollah-ordered nuclear Holocaust could be just a few short weeks away."

I've got a few big takeaways Americans should learn from this little incident here.