This "Men-Only Facebook For Men" Smells Pretty Fake

There's really nothing more disappointing than a bad comedian who doesn't seem to like half of his potential audience. And it's no way to get laid.
There's really nothing more disappointing than a bad comedian who doesn't seem to like half of his potential audience. And it's no way to get laid.
z01_manbook_header_02

A firey little hangnail of a news story kept popping up in my feed over the past couple of days and I'm going to share it with you because I'm a huge fan of things that make me laugh.

Apparently, a man who denies being a Men's Rights Activist (MRA) has created a web site called ManBook where "men and boys down to about the age of 16 can come and discuss the issues on their minds without the censorship of fascist book." He's referring to Facebook, that terrible bastion of oppression where he is apparently unable to say man things to other man persons without being interrupted by batty dames or requests for general human decency. So when he refers to "censorship," he's just talking about those dames, who are not allowed to sign up for ManBook, even though some have done it anyway for shits and giggles. He addresses women directly in his wild manifesto of a site, emphasis mine:

We have asked politely for women to not register but you are registering anyway. This shows total lack of respect for our right to freedom of association. We do not wish to associate with women in this place. Period.

Since women have so immediately shown us men that you do not respect our right to freedom of association we will summarily delete any account that has a womans [sic] name on it.

We would ask you women to respect our rights as you wish your rights to be respected. If you are unwilling to respect our right to freedom of association do not expect men to respect your right to life. Ok? A right is a right and it is not to be violated lightly because under the law of “do unto others as you would have them do unto  you” violating the rights of another is broadcasting the fact that others are free to violate any of the rights you might make claim to, including the right to life.

So. Ladies. Learn what a right is and do not be violating the rights of other people, especially men, if you are not prepared to have your rights violated in return. Ok?

Basically, this guy says women should expect to be murdered if they try to sign up for this site. But then he said this is totally not the case. Again, emphasis mine:

What I said is quoted and it is very simple and clear.

If women have no problems violating the rights of men then under the natural law they can have no problems when men violate the rights of women. Whether that right be the right to freedom of association or the right to life is not important. All rights are equally important and anyone who thinks that it’s ok to violate someone elses [sic] rights just because they hold the opinion that such a rights violation is “not important” would do well to consider that willfully violating another persons [sic] rights waives your right to life under natural law.

So, trying to sign up for a web site against the wishes of the guy who runs it is tantamount to murder, and, by this logic can be punishable by death because "an eye for an eye" and "do unto others as others would do unto you" and stuff, though I don't think that's how that phrase is supposed to work?

I'm going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt in three ways:

  1. Someone whose first language is not English got dumped by a woman, got really drunk, decided to start his own site, wrote something completely different than this, and put it into Google Translate. That guy probably owes more than one person many apologies. Maybe that guy is Tommy Wiseau.

  2. He's seven years old and suffering from a serious case of cooties that he got from a girl, for which we should really be pointing the finger at anti-vaxxers.

  3. This site is satire.

I'm going to go with the last thing because the rest of the content is just way too ridiculous to be real. Here is a sampling of posts that are mainly about coverage about ManBook on other sites, but a couple of other things too:

Like how great things are going!

manbook1

Oh, but it's all because Jezebel said mean things on their site! Oh, well, here is Bill Burr talking about women as "gold-digging whores". So funny! LOL! Make sure to "share this around to all your friends" -- unless those friends are women and unless you don't ever want to have sex with women ever again. In fact, limit this video to the friends you hate or the randos who wished you a Happy Birthday once.

He posts the same exact video in his next post, which is mostly about being covered on Raw Story for the murder threat that is totally not a murder threat. But he also name drops fellow heroes in male activism, GamerGate, just so we know exactly what to think of him. And then some shit about courts?

manbook2

And finally, metal. Man-made metal that only man can make. Adorable.

Listen, bro: I'm perfectly fine with satire. It's one of my favorite things to write. But take your cues from sites like Clickhole and Reductress and make your satire a little less angry, a little more nuanced. There's really nothing more disappointing than a bad comedian who doesn't seem to like half of his potential audience.

And it's no way to get laid.