And the First Assh*le to Blame the Charlie Hebdo Attack on Obama and Benghazi Is...

What's especially rich about this is that Limbaugh began by wondering whether Rev. Wright -- yes, Rev. Wright -- blamed the attack on "the chickens coming home to roost" in France...
What's especially rich about this is that Limbaugh began by wondering whether Rev. Wright -- yes, Rev. Wright -- blamed the attack on "the chickens coming home to roost" in France...
rushcontext

Why it's Rush Limbaugh, of course. Here's Edgar from Men in Black on his radio show today, barely coherent, blaming the terrorist attack in Paris on President Obama's response to Benghazi.

"By going to the UN and saying a video is responsible for the death of a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans when it wasn't. By sending Susan Rice on five Sunday morning talk shows to spread that lie, to run ads in Afghanistan or Pakistan starring Obama and Hillary, continuing this lie -- these actions have consequences, ladies and gentlemen -- that the president of the United States going to the UN, 2012, the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. And by the way in Obama's official statement today, there's not one mention of Islam or Muslims. I didn't expect there to be. But we have a false narrative here, as it's now called in the drive-by media, false template a false narrative. We got a false narrative ever since Benghazi happened. And my point is this country's leadership has fed the beast. This country's leadership has fed the rage. And not just this country's -- all of western civilization, which is cowering in fear. All the civilized world afraid to deal with this for what it is. All the western thinking closing Gitmo will solve it, getting out of Afghanistan will solve it. All we're doing is trumpeting our weakness. But when Obama shows up, the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam, then you have the president of the United States rationalizing barbaric behavior and punishing some poor oaf who just made a video that nobody ever saw. So, these actions have consequences."

What's especially rich about this is that Limbaugh began by wondering whether Rev. Wright -- yes, Rev. Wright -- blamed the attack on "the chickens coming home to roost" in France, which is a reference to Wright's suggestion that U.S. foreign policy was to blame for 9/11. But then Limbaugh himself, in the same rant, basically makes the exact same argument: that U.S. foreign policy fomented the terrorist attack on the Charlie Hebdo offices.

Once again, let there be no doubt that if another 9/11 occurred while Obama was president, there's no way in hell the far-right would rally around the president in the same way the entire nation rallied around President Bush on September 12, 2001. Not a chance in hell.