According To UPI's Hacked Twitter Account, We're Now at War with China

So long, suckers.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
So long, suckers.
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.33.32 AM

If you're on Twitter this afternoon and you happen to be following the venerable news service United Press International, or UPI, you probably think the world is coming to an end.

Behold.

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.22.01 AM

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.22.08 AM

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.22.21 AM

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.21.33 AM

There go your weekend plans.

According to various reports that are actually legitimate, UPI's Twitter feed was hacked. The New York Post's Twitter account retweeted the above nonsense, spreading the disinformation even further and you can see for yourself just how many average people have RTd it.

What this means is that right now there are preppers all across our great land who are rejoicing that they were right all along and they're finally going to be able to put that backyard bunker to good use. Also, while this crap has all been dismissed as being false, you just know Alex Jones and his little acolytes are losing their minds, convinced that the government stepped in and made up the hacking story and that we really are at war with China right now. This is it, man. The beginning of the New World Order. Or something.