Quote of the Day: Fox News's "Awesome" Andrea Tantaros Loses Her Mind Over Torture Report's Release

AWESOME!
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
AWESOME!
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 3.34.43 PM

"The United States of America is awesome. We are awesome. But we’ve had this discussion. We’ve closed the book on it. The reason they want the discussion is not to show how awesome we are. It’s to show us how we’re not awesome."

-- Fox News's Andrea Tantaros

The best thing about Andrea Tantaros is that she's not a Fox News A-lister. This means she has to really go the extra mile to get attention, which leads her to say the most ridiculous crap imaginable in the hope that it'll endear her to management and prove she's got the spiteful-little-shit chops to move up the ranks. Her obvious desperation is what makes her so entertaining. It's like Tantaros is the sad sorority sister and guys like Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade are the douchey frat brothers she'll do anything to please.

In response to the release of the shocking Senate report on CIA torture during the Bush era, it goes without saying that Fox News is in full affirmative-defense mode. Today's Outnumbered saw the show's couch-of-shame blaming the Democrats for releasing the report on torture rather than the torture itself, claiming that the release of the report was nothing more than reopening old wounds that were never that awful to begin with -- because, 9/11.

It culminated with Andrea Tantaros's very awesome rant above in which she not only spoke out powerfully on the awesome might of America's awesomeness but also managed to bring up how this whole torture piffle was a distraction from Jonathan Gruber and the IRS scandal. (Mark two boxes on your Conservative Scandal Bingo Card.) "They don’t like this country," said Tantaros about those who would dare to inform the world that we basically committed war crimes. Only at Fox News could the truth not be very awesome.

And now, a long distance dedication to a woman with Lego for a brain.