A Little Girl Starting an Impromptu Dance Party Is Exactly What We All Need Right Now

Spread the joy.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Spread the joy.
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 8.39.14 AM

This has been a terrible week. A terrible week if you're black. A terrible week if you're a woman. A terrible week if you're a journalist. A terrible week if you're a human being.

We could all use something to smile about right now -- and so here it is. This was shot at the Bedford Avenue train station in Brooklyn and uploaded to YouTube two days ago and while it's moving pretty fast across the internet right now, it's so wonderful that I'd be remiss if I didn't post it here.

You could be literal in your description and say that what you're about to see is a little girl starting an impromptu dance party on a subway platform, or you could just call it what it really is: pure joy.

It may not seem like it right now but let's not forget that it's the holiday season. So spread a little love and good cheer.

(h/t Time)