Ben Cohen vs Conservatives on Gitmo and Republican Obstructionism

Banter chief Ben Cohen went up against Jennifer Kerns of the Washington Times and The Blaze, and Sean Noble of American Encore on Thom Hartmann's show 'The Big Picture' last night, and got into it over Gitmo and Republican obstructionism in Congress.
Banter chief Ben Cohen went up against Jennifer Kerns of the Washington Times and The Blaze, and Sean Noble of American Encore on Thom Hartmann's show 'The Big Picture' last night, and got into it over Gitmo and Republican obstructionism in Congress.
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 4.46.04 PM

Last night, I went up against Jennifer Kerns of the Washington Times and The Blaze,  and Sean Noble of American Encore on Thom Hartmann's show 'The Big Picture', and got into it over Gitmo and Republican obstructionism in Congress. Predictably, my conservative colleagues got themselves in a bind over the failed closing of Gitmo and were unable to figure out whether it was a good thing or a bad thing given they agreed with the outcome, but disagreed with Obama (by default). Check it out below:

The part of the debate where we discuss whether the Republicans are going to play nice over the next two years an interesting one. The party has a very unique problem going forward as they HAVE to show the public they are capable of behaving like adults, otherwise they don't stand a chance in the general election. The Republicans are incredibly good at preventing the government from working, and that achieves much in the way of political point scoring in the short term. But in the long term, it is a complete disaster, as they painfully found out with Mitt Romney's disastrous attempts to take the White House in 2012. Holding the Senate and Congress is one thing, but leading a government is a completely different game, and one the Republicans have failed to show they are capable of.

As for who will be the leading GOP candidate for 2016, if Jeb Bush is the best option, the party doesn't have much to look forward to...