Rush Limbaugh's 'Out Of Context' Rape Quote Is Even Worse When It's Given Context

Rush Limbaugh's lawyer insists the radio giant was taken "out of context" when the DCCC quoted his remarks on sexual assault, but even with a big assist from Sean Hannity, context is not Limbaugh's friend.
Rush Limbaugh's lawyer insists the radio giant was taken "out of context" when the DCCC quoted his remarks on sexual assault, but even with a big assist from Sean Hannity, context is not Limbaugh's friend.
rushcontext

Rush Limbaugh's lawyer insists the radio giant was taken "out of context" when the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee quoted his remarks on sexual assault, but even with a big assist from Sean Hannity, context is not Limbaugh's friend. Limbaugh attorney, Patricia Glaser, took to Hannity's show last night to flack for the lawsuit that Limbaugh is threatening against the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee for allegedly quoting Limbaugh "out of context" in fundraising emails. The emails quoted Limbaugh as saying, "How many of you guys, in your own experience with women, have learned that 'no' means 'yes,' if you know how to spot it?" and asserting that Limbaugh was "advocating for the tolerance of sexual assault."

The quote is accurate, but as Glaser explains to Hannity, they left out important stuff. She starts to read the show transcript, but Hannity helpfully offers to just play the tape. Notice where he leaves off, and where Glaser picks up with the context-adding duties:

Hannity: So that's the quote in question, right?

Glaser: Actually, he goes even further and says, "We have got to reprogram the way we raise men." Rush says that.

Hmmm. Why would Hannity cut the tape off there, then, if Rush was busy going "even further than that" and recommending the education of men in the ways of sexual consent? What sort of fiend is Hannity to deny Rush his glorious exculpation? THIS SHALL NOT STAND!!

No, the only way to properly, fairly, balancedly judge Rush's words is by listening to the entire segment (warning: listening to Rush Limbaugh talk about "seduction" will kill every boner you will ever have, and possible travel back in time like a Boner Terminator to kill boners you've already had before they were born):

Jesus, I'm out. If you want the whole monologue, check the transcript. I'm going to skip ahead to the relevant part, where Limbaugh begins reading about the various elements of consent (or lack thereof). See if you can divine what Hannity and Glaser left out that might indicate Limbaugh isn't earnestly promoting the elements of consent he just rattled off (transcript via RushLimbaugh.com):

Let me tell you something. In this modern world, that is simply not tolerated. People aren't even gonna try to understand that one. I mean, it used to be said it was a cliche. It used to be part of the advice young boys were given.

See, that's what we gotta change. We have got to reprogram the way we raise men. Why do you think permission every step of the way, clearly spelling out "why"... are all of these not lawsuits just waiting to happen if even one of these steps is not taken?

I don't know how men can be held to that Ohio State agreement, policy, anyway, because everybody knows in sex men don't think with their brains. Not the one in their heads, anyway. It's just so silly.

So weird that Hannity left out all that extra context, or that Rush's podcast clips the bit about not holding men to the Ohio State sexual consent policy. Maybe Limbaugh's lawyer thinks she can find a judge who will let her read stuff into evidence instead of actually showing it to the jury. Could it be that Limbaugh, who makes a show of never sweating it when advertisers desert him, sent his lawyer out to Fox News just to put on a show for those advertisers?

Wait 'til they get a load of all this extra context.