Romney Says He Lost Hispanic Vote Because He Didn't Spend Enough Money Bullsh*tting Them

Mitt Romney gets the answer to this easy question so wrong, he's almost right.
Mitt Romney gets the answer to this easy question so wrong, he's almost right.
romneyidaho

Former future president and possible future presidential runner-up Mitt Romney continued his tour of the dank basement of political obscurity this week by giving a speech in Idaho at which he was overshadowed by a famous gubernatorial loser. Once the excitement from Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman's barnburner had died down, the crowd at the Governor's Trade and Business Conference in Boise, Idaho got to digest Romney's important thoughts on how Obama doesn't deserve credit for the economic recovery that Romney promised to take twice as long to deliver, and why it is that Romney lost the Hispanic vote by historic margins.

A lot of people think it's ridiculous to think that Mitt Romney could, once again, be the Republican nominee for president, but I happen to think the idea has merit, strategically. The crest of white male opposition to Obama that Republicans have been riding to the midterms is about to mix in with the juices of white male anxiety about Hillary Clinton, making a potent cocktail that uniquely positions Romney as the GOP's ServePro™ candidate: Like It Never Even Happened. That's why it is so heartening to hear what it was, exactly, that Mitt Romney learned from his absolute plastering at Obama's hands among Hispanic voters in 2012.

Aside from the rest of his party's relentless assault on the last shreds of goodwill they might have left with Hispanic voters, which of Romney's own personal efforts at literally alienating these groups do you think he chalks it up to?

If you guessed "all of the above," or even any of the above, you would be wrong:

Romney said his greatest regret about his presidential bid was failing to match Obama's efforts to reach Hispanic voters.

"We'd be much more aggressive in campaign efforts to Hispanic Americans. We were outspent dramatically there," he said. "The president's campaign wisely saw Hispanics would be critical votes in some states."

Presumably, this means that a 2016 Romney bid would feature greater and greater ad buys to get out his message to the illegals.

After his speech, Romney was asked about plans for another run, and cleverly present-tensed Idaho KTVB reporter Justin Corr with "I'm not running for president." He also cleverly admitted that yes, the Republicans actually have been the "party of no" all along:

"If he vetoes bills, he'll be the party of no."

"Romney 2016: I Know You Are But What Am I."