Sarah Palin Might Run for Office Again -- Just to Troll Democrats

Idiocracy isn't too far off.
Idiocracy isn't too far off.
palin_troll

On the Fox Business Network today, Sarah Palin announced that she's considering another run for public office following her half-term as Alaska governor. The reason why she's considering such an idea is what makes her announcement truly disturbing.

Those haters out there don't understand that it invigorates me. The more they're pouring on the more I'm gonna bug the crap out of them by being out there with a voice, with a message, hopefully running for office in the future, too.

There it is. Perhaps the first time in the history of the United States that a would-be candidate is choosing to run for office simply to troll voters who don't like her. Such a noble goal, isn't it? Seeking public office just because you know it might irritate people. Once again, Sarah Palin is cheapening the process (if that's possible) by inexplicably reducing herself to the level of internet assholes who waste their days jabbing people from behind cowardly anonymous disguises. No longer do politicians need to run for office on policy platforms -- now it's all about trolling. How mature.

What she doesn't understand is that no one is really "bugged" by her presence. We're laughing at her. Even as a cable news pundit and reality show diva, she's in way over her head and it's endlessly entertaining to watch the crash-and-burn. She's existed on the national scene for six years and is actually de-evolving in terms of how she speaks and comports herself. Put another way: speaking for myself, I hope she runs -- the higher the office the better. Why? It'll be a nonstop laugh riot to watch her stumble and fumble her way through a white-trash freak show of a campaign until she inevitably quits halfway through.

Being the least self-aware woman in politics, she doesn't seem to understand this very basic fact of life: she's a national joke, not someone whose powerful muckraking presence incites an equal and opposite political reaction. Yet she believes that pursuing elected office is entirely about trolling and annoying the opposition for no other reason than to troll and annoy, absent any higher aspirations. What's even more pathetic are the suckers who will contribute their hard-earned money to her campaign, just to watch her troll Democrats. Talk about a lack of self-awareness: donating piles of cash to a candidate who might as well be wearing clown shoes and squirting seltzer in the eyes of her opponent. Money well spent. Idiocracy isn't too far off.