Republican Official Wants To Know Why Military Isn't Overthrowing Obama

GOPer thinks that we are just so due for a military coup.
GOPer thinks that we are just so due for a military coup.
debbie

A Republican official in the county just south of Ferguson, Mo., is treading hot water over a Facebook post in which she wondered why the United States military "has taken no action" against President Obama, whom she describes as a "domestic enemy."

Jefferson County Recorder of Deeds Debbie Dunnegan recorded her own dumbass deed on Facebook, asking her friends and family to enlighten her on a bit of military protocol:

I have a question for all my friends who have served or are currently serving in our military ... having not put on a uniform nor taken any type military oath, there has to be something that I am just not aware of. But I cannot and do not understand why no action is being taken against our domestic enemy. I know he is supposedly the commander in chief, but the constitution gives you the authority. What am I missing? Thank you for your bravery and may God keep you safe.

The post is an attempt at cleverness, based on the oath that members of the armed services swear. In case she's still wondering, here's what Debbie is missing:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

As you can see, the oath says members of the military must "obey the orders of the President of the United States" (yes, Debbie, even the black ones), so President Obama would have to order them to depose or assassinate him.

Dunnegan's Facebook page is private, but a Twitter user circulated a screenshot of the post, and on Twitter, Dunnegan says she won't delete it, but also that she wasn't sayin', she was just sayin':

Dunnegan is one of only two Republicans to hold county-wide office in Jefferson County (although the County Council is almost all Republican), which is mostly controlled by Democrats. The only other Republican is Jefferson County Commissioner Ken Waller, a Tea Party Republican who was elected in 2010. That means that half of the Republicans to hold county-wide office in Jefferson County think Barack Obama should be imprisoned or killed by the military. Or, at least, think it out loud.