And Now, An Important Message From Little Girls Dropping the F-Bomb

These girls really know what's (effed) up.
These girls really know what's (effed) up.
fckh8

If you think the much-maligned f-word doesn't deserve the "bad word" status that's been forced on it by an uncaring society, then you'll love the good use these little girls (and one little boy) put it to. The website FCKH8.com, purveyors of clothing with a message and a charitable angle, has released a video that awesomely trolls people who are hostile to feminism, and even those people for whom feminism isjust this big, confusing mystery. In the spot, which has already been uploaded to and removed from Youtube and Viimeo, a parade of girls drop foul-mouthed feminist knowledge on you, and dare you to get mad about it:

From the video's description:

Facing a future where women are still paid 23% less than men for the same work, and where 1 in 5 women are raped or sexually assaulted in gender-based violence, little girls between 6 and 13 years-old dressed as pretty pink princesses drop F-bombs to draw attention to society’s continued sexism. Asking the question, “What’s more offensive? A little girl saying f*ck or the sexist way society treats girls and women” these adorably articulate little ladies in sparkling tiaras turn the “princess in distress” stereotype on its head and contrast the F-word with words and statistics society should find shocking such as “pay inequality” and “rape.” The video also features a 12 year-old boy wearing a pink gown standing up against sexism saying, “When you tell boys not to ‘act like a girl,’ it’s because you think it’s bad to be a girl.”

If the worst you can say about this is that it's too clever (or too fuckin' clever), then the girls have done their job. The gimmick is jarring at first, but really hits home when the kids start talking about rape and sexual assault statistics, which are truly obscene. The word "fuck?" Not so much. People call it a bad word, but it's actually a very good word for doing what words are supposed to do: convey information and emotion. You want a bad word, try fucking synergy.

If you want obscene, then check out this pink-clad garbage that Wonkette's Rebecca Schoenkopf fished out of the drain today. It features American Enterprise Institute researcher and sarcasm algorithm runner Caroline Kitchens dispensing with the dumb old "myth" that roofies are actually a thing:

So, roofies are maybe sort if a thing, but also "not grounded in reality," because some studies had trouble finding traces of something it's hard to find traces of, in furtherance of an already grossly underreported crime. Also, because in one specific case, no evidence has ever turned up in six weeks, and it never will. Plus, bitches be lying. Case closed. Let this guy hold your drink, it'll be fine. Or maybe not, if you ask Rebecca, or one of the other every woman you know who's had a firsthand experience with drink-tampering. The f-bomb girls are profane, but that's fucked up.

Update: Chez didn't like it. I mean, he really didn't like it (emphasis mine):

If my six-year-old daughter went on a verbal tear in which every other word was “fuck,” however — and if she did it on camera in front of the world — I’d really hope somebody with more goddamn common sense than me would come and take her the hell away from me.

Different strokes. I'd be proud of my kids for getting an acting job.

I will add only one thing, which I meant to include in my original commentary: The company says it will donate $5 from every shirt, and the shirts sell for about $15, so while they are making a profit, you'll do a hell of a lot better with FCKH8 than with, say, SarahPAC.