Gretchen Carlson Just Dropped the Mic on Pushing the Obama/Ebola Conspiracy

This epic word salad makes Sarah Palin look like Spalding Gray.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
This epic word salad makes Sarah Palin look like Spalding Gray.
Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.16.24 AM

Gretchen Carlson must be keenly aware of our ongoing "FOXTOBERFEST of Stupid," because she seems to be making a bold play for the top slot. Yesterday afternoon, she wrapped her show on Fox News as she typically does, with a segment called "My Take." As a rule, Gretchen's "take" on anything is exactly what you'd expect from a Fox News talking hairstyle, but her minute-long examination of the question "Should we trust the government to keep us all safe from Ebola?" was something bordering on pure magic.

Fox News has spent the past several days irresponsibly stoking the fears of its already edgy audience when it comes to Ebola, almost single-handedly crafting an Ebola Truther meme, but yesterday's performance was on another level altogether. Carlson managed to somehow cram nearly every single Obama conspiracy theory into one barely comprehensible word salad. It's all there: the IRS, Obamacare, the VA -- hell, she even brings it all back to Benghazi (in case you were waiting for that to finally happen).

Prepare yourself. This is some next-gen, Sarah Palin-level realness right here.

"With the government's recent track record not being so hot, well, we learned we couldn't trust the IRS after the targeting of conservative groups, the Secret Service after an armed man made his way into the white house, the VA after reports men and women who served this country died waiting to get health care. We couldn't trust the promise that Obamacare that we could keep our doctors that we wanted. And do we trust that we know all the answers yet about Benghazi? What more and more people seem to be asking about Ebola now isn't that they are necessarily scared about actually getting the disease, but that they're scared the government agencies responsible with helping us if we do get sick might not be up to the task. So if Ebola becomes a bigger issue, the question still remains: will we be safe?"

And with that, Gretchen Carlson drops the mic.

gif

RELATED ARTICLES