The Daily Banter Is Moving To a Metered Member System In November

In two weeks time, The Daily Banter will be moving to a paid metered model to ensure our long term viability as an independent outlet. While our recent introduction of the paid membership section of the site has helped enormously, we still are far too reliant on advertising to be sustainable in the long term.
In two weeks time, The Daily Banter will be moving to a paid metered model to ensure our long term viability as an independent outlet. While our recent introduction of the paid membership section of the site has helped enormously, we still are far too reliant on advertising to be sustainable in the long term.
begging cap

We sent the following email out to our email subscribers yesterday:

----

In two weeks time, The Daily Banter will be moving to a paid metered model to ensure our long term viability as an independent outlet. While our recent introduction of the paid membership section of the site has helped enormously, we still are far too reliant on advertising to be sustainable in the long term.

We want to keep producing high quality content without chasing page views or selling out to corporate sponsors, and the only real way to do that is to create a more intimate relationship with you -- our readers.

If you want us to keep going, we can. We just need your financial support to do so.

Going forward, readers will be entitled to 3 free articles a week, then will be asked to subscribe for $5.99/month (roughly 19 cents/day).

We’re going to roll out some new member features in the coming months, but straight away you’ll get unlimited access to all our content, a beautiful ad free experience and closer interaction with all the Banter team (and who doesn’t want to know more about the highly dysfunctional, dramatic lives of writers?).

As an offer to those who want to sign up before we switch over completely, we’re giving away Chez Pazienza’s book ‘Dead Star Twilight’, his novel about being on heroin, going to rehab, then reporting on Ground Zero. Arianna Huffington called it "fierce, funny, disturbing, but ultimately uplifting... the book A Million Little Pieces dreamed of being.”

Go here to subscribe.

We really appreciate your support!

Ben, and the whole Banter team

——

PS: The cut off date to receive the book is Monday, 3rd Nov (all current banter subscribers will be sent one too!), and we’ll send it out to everyone who subscribed the night before the meter goes live.

PPS: If you're already a member, don't worry - you'll get unlimited access straight away!