"#MillennialNoir" Shows Patton Oswalt Is Back To His Old Self on Twitter

It's good to have Patton back.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
It's good to have Patton back.
Patton

If you missed Patton Oswalt's good cheer and general mischief over the summer during his self-imposed social media sabbatical, you'll be happy to know that he's back. And when I say that, I don't just mean that he's returned to pen a legitimately interesting piece recapping why he took some time off and what he learned from his Great Unplugging -- I mean he's finally back to stretching his legs on Twitter.

It looks like just after 4:30pm West Coast time on Tuesday he fired off a tweet that began the trending hashtag #MillennialNoir. What followed were a whole lot of entertaining little cracks about all the things that make the kids of "Generation i" just so darn lovable.

The fact that these reference movies a lot of millennials have probably never heard of has to create some kind of ouroboric loop of pure irony strong enough to swallow us all.

Image credit: Gage Skidmore