BREAKING: ISIS Releases YouTube Video Showing Execution of Missing American Journalist Steven Sotloff

The Associated Press is reporting that a video has been uploaded to the internet showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff
The Associated Press is reporting that a video has been uploaded to the internet showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff
sotloff

Just when we had a long Labor Day Weekend to forget about how crazy and awful the situation with the Islamic State is, the Associated Press is reporting that a video has been uploaded to the internet showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff, who was seen being threatened at the end of the James Foley beheading video. Sotloff, who worked for Time, was kidnapped in Aleppo, Syria in 2013. Last week, his mother, Shirley Sotloff, released a video message to ISIS in which she begged for their mercy.

CNN is also reporting that the Islamic State is threatening to execute another captive, a British man named David Haines.

More details to come.

UPDATE: SITE, which originally hosted the video, has apparently taken it down, but they do have a transcript of the recording:

Steven Sotloff:I am Steven Joel Sotloff. I'm sure you know exactly who I am by now and why I am appearing before you. And now this time for my message:

Obama, your foreign policy of intervention in Iraq was supposed to be for the preservation of American lives and interests, so why is it that I am paying the price of your interference with my life. Am I not an American citizen? You've spent billions of U.S. tax payers dollars and we've lost thousands of our troops in our previous fighting against the Islamic State, so where is the people's interest in reigniting this war?

From what little I know about foreign policy, I remember a time you could not win an election without promising to bring our troops back home from Iraq and Afghanistan and to close down Guantanamo. Here you are now, Obama, nearing the end of your term, and having achieving none of the above, and deceivingly marching us the American people in the blazing fire.

Executioner:I'm back, Obama, and I'm back because of your arrogant foreign policy towards the Islamic State, because of your insistence on continuing your bombings and [unclear] on Mosul Dam, despite our serious warnings. You, Obama, have but to gain from your actions but another American citizen. So just as your missiles continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people...

We take this opportunity to warn those governments that enter this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State to back off and leave our people alone.

Also, a quick reminder that the Islamic State, while having a very broad sounding name, do not represent all Muslims and are actually an extremely radical group of rebel Sunnis.