Bobby Jindal Accuses Obama Energy Team of Being 'Science Deniers'

Karl Rove couldn't have come up with a better I-Know-You-Are-But-What-Am-I zinger.
Karl Rove couldn't have come up with a better I-Know-You-Are-But-What-Am-I zinger.
jindal_volcano

Yes, the very same Louisiana governor who giggled at the idea of "volcano monitoring" and who described "magnetic levitation" as if it was that thing Yoda did to lift Luke's X-wing out of the swamp, seriously accused President Obama's energy team of being "science deniers." While discussing his proposed energy policy initiative, co-authored by the conservative America Next think tank, Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA) said:

"The reality is, right now, we’ve got an administration —the Obama administration — that are science deniers when it comes to harnessing America’s energy resources and the potential to create good-paying jobs."

Karl Rove couldn't have come up with a better I-Know-You-Are-But-What-Am-I zinger. The Obama administration, right or wrong, has presided over a massive increase in domestic energy production. And those hilarious "magnetic levitation" trains Jindal made fun of several years ago during his disastrous State of the Union response would have generated a massive energy savings. We're also producing more domestic oil than we're importing for the first time in 20 years.

obamagraph1

But of course none of this matters, because this is just another cheap and obvious Rove-era gimmick to turn Democratic talking points against them.

Other than snickering at the idea of making sure we know when a volcano is about to explode, raining liquid hot magma all over residential areas, what are some of Jindal's positions on science? In spite of being a biology major and a Rhodes scholar, he's authorized millions in spending on teaching creationism in Louisiana schools. He also requested that the EPA rescind its decision that greenhouse gasses are a public health issue. And Jindal once helped perform an exorcism on a friend who was suffering from cancer. I'm not making that up.

Science!

By the way, Jindal made these remarks during a breakfast held by, yes, The Christian Science Monitor -- a paper that was founded by religious zealots who believe they can heal the sick through prayer.