UPDATE: 'War Machine' Arrested In California For Brutal Assault On Christy Mack

MMA fighter, War Machine, was arrested in Simi Valley California on Friday in connection with a savage attack on his ex-girlfriend. He had been on the run since last week.
MMA fighter, War Machine, was arrested in Simi Valley California on Friday in connection with a savage attack on his ex-girlfriend. He had been on the run since last week.
Koppenhaver

Mixed martial arts fighter War Machine was arrested by police in Simi Valley, Calif. at an Extended Stay Hotel on Friday, according to KTLA. War Machine (and yes that is the legal name of the former Jon Koppenhaver) was wanted in connection with a vicious assault on his ex-girlfriend, Christy Mack. In the hotel room, police found a small amount of cash and some pizza, according to a news release.

Last Saturday morning Koppenhaver beat -- and I would even say tortured -- Mack, a pornographic actress. After the assault, Koppenhaver went on the lam and tweeted about being a fugitive. Las Vegas police offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to his capture.

The absolutely barbaric nature of the attack is shocking, but Koppenhaver's views on women, as well as his history of criminal behavior, clearly demonstrate that he's a threat to women and a complete menace to society in general. (More on that in a moment.)

Mack released a statement Monday on twitter recounting the attack, and it is horrifying. As overused as trigger warnings are, this is a time where it's more than appropriate. She also posted photos of herself showing that she is unrecognizable.

Here's Mack's statement, which is incredibly graphic:

At around 2 am Friday morning, Jon Koppenhaver arrived unannounced to my home in Las Vegas, NV, after he broke up with me in May, he moved out of my house and back to San Diego. When he arrived, he found myself and one other fully clothed and unarmed in the house. Without a single word spoken, he began beating my friend; once he was finished, he sent my friend away and turned his attention to me. He made me undress and shower in front of him, then dragged me out and beat my face. I have no recollection of how many times I was hit, I just know my injuries that resulted from my beating.

My injuries include 18 broken bones around my eyes, my nose is broken in 2 places, I am missing teeth and several more are broken. I am unable to chew, or see out of my left eye. My speech is slurred from my swelling and lack of teeth. I have a fractured rib and severely ruptured liver from a kick to my side. My leg is so badly injured I have not been able to walk on my own. I also attained several lesions from a knife he got from my kitchen. He pushed the knife into me in some areas such as my hand, ear, and head. He also sawed much of my hair off with this dull knife. After some time, the knife broke off of the handle and continued to threaten me with the blade. I believed I was going to die. He has beaten me many times before, but never this badly.

He took my phone and cancelled all of my plans for the following week to make sure no one would worry about my whereabouts. He told me he was going to rape me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard. After another hit or two, he left me on the floor bleeding and shaking, holding my side from the pain of my rib. He left the room and went to the kitchen where I could hear him ruffling through my drawers. Assuming he was finding a sharper, more stable knife to end my life, I ran out my back door, shutting it behind me so the dogs didn't run inside to tip him off. I hopped the fence to the golf course behind my house and ran to a neighboring house. Naked and afraid he would catch me, I kept running through the neighborhood knocking on doors. Finally, one answered and I was brought to the hospital and treated for my injuries.

I would like to thank everyone for their support through this rough time. I am healing fast and well, and I appreciate all of the prayers and visits I have received over the past few days. After many months of fear and pressure to keep this man happy, although I fear for my life, I feel that I can no longer put myself in this situation. The cheating by him nearly every day, and almost weekly abuse is now more than I can stand. There is a $10k reward for the capture of Jonathan Koppenhaver at this time. Please report any information to your local police.

Thank you.
-Christy Mack

There really is nothing to add, other than perhaps to note that if true, the unbelievably sadistic nature of Koppenhaver's behavior in this case leaves no doubt that he is a complete and utter psychopath more suited for a horror movie than real life.

Koppenhaver's history shows that despite the preternatural cruelness of the incident, it is in completely accord with his views on women. While in prison on an assault conviction, here's one "insight" he had which he posted on his blog:

So it's Christmas day and I'm laying in my bunk wondering "Why in the hell do American men get married!?" As I write this, there is one guy in here for slapping his wife, one here for yelling at his wife, and one here for beating some guy's ass that disrespected his wife. WTF!? If your wife is being a bitch you can't slap her, if your wife is yelling at you, God forbid you yell back, and if some asshole hurts your wife, you can not protect her! LMFAO! What in the FUCK! is REALLY going on!? Next thing you know it will be illegal to fuck your wife! LMAO! Maybe then, MEN in this country will get the fucking hint and MOVE!"

It gets even more ridiculous, as he proceeds to turn into a men's rights activist on steroids:

This country has gone SO SOFT that it has left us helpless. The oppression of MEN is worse than oppression of Jews in Nazi germany, worse than the slavery of Blacks in early America... I'm not exaggerating either. Every Jew & every Black man, both in jail and those who have managed to avoid it, will attest to what I have just wrote. I have never written ANYTHING that I wanted to be read/heard more than what I wrote today on Christmas 2010.

Let that sink in for a moment: For Koppenhaver, involuntary servitude and being starved and gassed to death aren't as bad as not being allowed to strike women.

And if you doubt him, just ask his black and Jewish cellmates.

After Saturday's savagery, Koppenhaver took to twitter -- where his profile notes, "I do Alpha Male shit" -- to engage in a favorite pastime of men's rights advocates everywhere: pathetic self-pitying:

Koppenhaver1

Yes, if it weren't for that other guy, clearly Mack would want to spend the rest of her life with Koppenhaver, who, she said, has abused him many times before. But poor him. He's "cursed."

Explaining why he went on the run, Koppenhaver had more self-pitying to do:

Koppenhaver2

It tugs at the heartstrings, doesn't it?

Koppenhaver has an incredibly violent history even outside the octagon:

- In September 2007, he rendered a man unconscious in a parking lot using a choke-hold and received three years probation.

- In February 2009, while working as a topless server at a gay bar, he was arrested after punching fellow employees who were trying to escort him out of the establishment.

- In November 2009, he beat up several individuals at a birthday party for porn star Brooke Haven. He went on the lam and a warrant for his arrest was issued. Afterwards he said on twitter:

Fuck...last night was NOT good...lil' misunderstanding and then WM [War Machine] was back in effect and the bodies hit the floor. I'm fucked...Pretty sure my porn days are over. Prolly be going to jail too...when they find me...haha!

- In February 2010, he was arrested for assaulting a bar owner and destroying the establishment's property.

- In March 2010, he was arrested for suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon at a bar in San Diego.

Koppenhaver has already been to prison, but it appears it didn't remedy his violent tendencies. So how many more chances is this maniac going to get? Seven? Ten? How about 20?

If what Mack is saying is true, he almost killed her. More than this, not only has he shown no remorse for this act of brutality, but believes that he is the real victim. That's a tell-tale sign of a violent sociopath, and there's no cure for sociopathy.

If Koppenhaver is guilty, it is obvious from this and other incidents that he is unfit for civilization and needs to be permanently removed from it.

Follow Mike on twitter