Rush Limbaugh: Robin Williams Died Because Liberals Are 'Never Happy'

Rush Limbaugh included Williams' depression into his disgusting rant today, illustrating how badly ignorant he is about it.
Rush Limbaugh included Williams' depression into his disgusting rant today, illustrating how badly ignorant he is about it.
limbaugh_thad

If you've blocked a lot of cold-blooded bastards on social media in the last 24 hours or so, you're not alone. Considering how the untimely death of Robin Williams has touched so many of us in a way not experienced since perhaps the deaths of John Lennon or President Kennedy, there were bound to be cranks and assholes who think they're above it all -- attacking Williams and those of us who are rightfully mourning his loss and remembering how he touched our lives.

And, of course, Rush Limbaugh is one of the assholes. But unlike many of the more dickish commenters and Twitter trolls, Limbaugh included Williams' depression in his disgusting rant today, illustrating how grossly ignorant he is about the disease.

What is the left’s world view in general? If you had to attach, not a philosophy, but an attitude to a leftist world view. It’s one of pessimism, and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? And they’re animated in large part by the false promises of America because the promises of America are not for everyone. As we see each and every day.

Limbaugh noted Williams' allegedly declining career and "financial distress."

He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. I mean it fits a certain picture -- a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and ummmm general unhappiness and so forth.

He went on about "survivor's guilt" and the deaths of three of Williams' friends: John Belushi, Christopher Reeve and Andy Kaufman.

Robin Williams felt guilty that he was still alive while his three friends had died young, and much earlier than he had. He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn’t. Well, that is a constant measurement that is made by political leftists in judging the country.

How the hell does Limbaugh know this? He doesn't. He's making it up in order to wedge it into his agenda: liberals are sad, pathetic, guilt-ridden Debbie Downers. And so liberal Robin Williams killed himself as a consequence of his liberalism. You'd think Limbaugh, himself an entertainer and an addict, might understand at least part of Williams' struggle. But such empathy doesn't fit with Limbaugh's reality-damning mission to be the world's most popular blight.

I don't mind saying, I hope the Limbaugh's Karma itches. A lot.