Rick Perry Puts On His Best Shit-Eating Grin For Mugshot

We wanted the hipster glasses.
We wanted the hipster glasses.
Perry

“Will Rick Perry wear his hipster glasses in his mugshot?”

This is the question we’ve been asking ourselves since the indictment dropped, and we finally have an answer: No. It turns out county rules require that you take your glasses off.

Too bad.

Perry arrived at the Blackwell-Thurman Criminal Justice Center in Austin to supporters chanting “Perry, Perry, Perry!” before walking in and having his mug shot and fingerprints taken.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Perry’s political advisors recommended he pose for his mug shot in a way that would be difficult for opponents to use against him (so, none of this). And he seems to have succeeded on that count.

While I’m sure the smirk he’s wearing will make Perry haters want to punch him in the face — I would really like to punch him in the face, for instance — he seems to look hardly troubled by the indictment. So untroubled, in fact, that he stopped for a bit of ice-cream on the way home:

But before dipping into his scoop, Perry made some nice words for the crowd of protesters and supporters gathered outside: “I’m going to enter this courthouse with my head held high, knowing the actions I took were not only lawful and legal but right,” he told reporters outside. “And if I had to do so, I would veto funding for the Public Integrity Unit again. This indictment is nothing short of an indictment on the constitutional power on the office of governor. “

He pledged to fight the indictment “with every fiber of [his] being” and called the issue “a chilling restraint on the right of free speech.”

That’s obviously a little bit of an exaggeration, but hey, you guys already know how I feel on this issue.

Originally posted on Politically Inclined

RELATED ARTICLES