Tea Partier On House Science Committee Hands Out Bibles For "Decision-Making"

Because, of course.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Because, of course.
Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 1.42.45 PM

Tea Party Rep. Steven Palazzo sent every one of his fellow members of Congress a Bible last week, regardless of their individual religious affiliations. Along with each was a note, which read in part:

"On a daily basis, we contemplate policy decisions that impact America's future. Our staffs provide us with policy memos, statistics, and recommendations that help us make informed decisions. However, I find that the best advice comes through meditating on God's Word. Please find a copy of the Holy Bible to help guide you in your decision-making."

See for yourself:

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 12.49.43 PM

Notice that Palazzo is a member of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee.

That's presented without comment because it's really its own punchline.

(h/t Talking Points Memo)