Quote of the Day: Serially Wrong “Analyst” Dick Morris Makes a Bold Prediction About President Obama

“If I opened the newspaper tomorrow and I learn that Obama resigned, I wouldn’t be surprised.”

– Dick Morris

Dick Morris is the living embodiment of the shamelessness of the modern conservative punditocracy. He’s still considered a “political analyst” by trade, and yet he’s never right about anything. Seriously, anything.

For the most part he was banished to the cultural Phantom Zone after getting the 2012 presidential race so horribly wrong — you’ll remember he confidently predicted a landslide for Mitt Romney — and yet he still turns up on the political equivalent of the state fair circuit now and then to basically do little more than provide false reassurance to the right that just once things are going to go its way in national politics.

And so that’s how we wind up being blessed with his astute observations on Barack Obama’s current troubles during an interview yesterday on Newsmax TV. (Yeah, I didn’t know there was such a thing either.) Rest assured, though, Obama isn’t going anywhere — not despite Dick’s bold statement but maybe more because of it. Since Dick Morris is never right about anything. Seriously, anything.

  • Michiganmitch

    An analcyst in the conservative sphere is one that tells you what you want to hear. Facts do not matter and in most instances they get in the way.

  • http://www.swift2.blogspot.com Swift2

    Remember when Bill Clinton was his secret client? One of the few things that made me justifiably wary of Bill.

  • Kerry Reid

    At least now the foot that is habitually in Morris’ mouth is his own. (Yes, I know — an old joke. Sorry.)

  • MaryJane Mccarthy James

    This pig just pulls garbage and slime out of his fat ass. He has NEVER ONCE been correct.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I have to wonder why republicans are so obsessed with preventing Obama from completing two whole terms. It’s not like there’s going to be any major policy changes under a President Biden. It’s like they’ve become so focused on collecting the scalp that they’ve forgotten why they want it.

    • Kerry Reid

      They want to stop the Illegitimate Black Man from being president. Full stop. When you are the party that has ceded its soul to the Crazy-Ass Racist White-Trash Confederate Losers, that’s the only goal.

    • Kerry Reid

      But yeah — all of this makes me wish even harder for Obama to end up on the Supreme Court after he leaves office. Hey, it worked for William Howard Taft!

  • maccamcfc

    What amazes me is how newsmax TV makes money, when you look at there videos on YouTube most of them have views in single digits if any views at all, I am English so am not sure how big a thing newsmax is but I can tell you no one is watching there videos and having Dick (head) Morris on predicting shit cannot help.

  • Regina Wanassa

    He-Who-Makes-The-Skin-Crawl has never been right about anything? I dispute that idea. I can think of one occasion (only one) where Lickspittle Dick made an accurate prediction. That was in 2011 at the Tea Party Patriots Policy Summit. During his speech he teased the audience with upcoming GOP strategy that did, indeed, come to pass (extortion politics, debt ceiling etc).

    A pundit he is not. A GOP toady… Indeed, he is that. A creepy toady.

  • Aaron Litz

    What the Hell would be the reason for Obama to resign, other than Republican’s fevered wishful thinking?

    Seriously; he might not be surprised if it happened, but every other damn person in the country world sure would.

  • muselet

    I keep looking at that image of Dick Morris and—in between dry heaves—marvel that the word “FACT” seems to be making good its escape via his right ear.

    How appropriate.

    –alopecia

  • Bosma

    Whatever this means, it has to be good news for john McCain..

    • Rollo Tamasi

      Halperin?

  • ernieneverleft

    He is the Rick Santelli of political asswipes.

  • Jason E

    Strange that he was so useful to President Clinton.

    • woodrowfan

      was it LBJ that said it was better to have an enemy inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in?

      • Victor_the_Crab

        I believe it was Lincoln.

      • gocart mozart

        It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

        On FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, as quoted in The New York Times (31 October 1971)
        http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

  • Peter James

    This tells me that Obama is doing much better than the media is portraying him as.
    After all, Dick Morris World is Opposite World.

    It’s especially nice when it”s confirmed by facts on the ground:….

    - 6th straight month with job creation at or higher than 200,000 jobs – the first time this has happened since 1997, you know, during the middle of an Economic boom.

    - the Republican case for Obama’s impeachment/lawsuit is looking weaker and more ridiculous by the day as comparisons to previous presidents continue to pile on.

    - Russia’s Economy is imploding under crippling sanctions after all the fanboy cheering that the Republicans were doing of Putin.

    Sure, I can see how someone would make all this out to mean that Obama will resign any time now.

    Hey Dick, what are your picks for tonight’s lottery?

    That way I know what numbers to avoid like the plague.

    • JozefAL

      Well, now, in all fairness, you’ve got to remember that Morris has been so very wrong about so many things for so very long, that he’s bound to be due for a case of “stopped-clock” syndrome.

      Maybe selecting the lottery numbers would be the time. (Of course, he would then be due to be struck by lightning so it would be a win-win for all of us. Except Morris. But who would care?)

      • That River Gal

        In all likelihood, he’s recently been correct about where he left his car keys.

  • http://www.osborneink.com/ OsborneInk

    Morris is one of the most shameless operators in the circle of scam that is modern conservative politics. I recently saw he’s started indulging UN conspiracy theories straight off the John Bircher hymnal — the guy’s Alex Jones in a suit.

    • allencooper985

      uptil I saw the draft 4 $5514 , I be certain that…my… cousin woz like actualey bringing home money parttime online. . there dads buddy has done this for only fourteen months and just cleared the dept on there appartment and purchased a great Fiat Multipla . For more information click FINANCIAL REPORT in ………. PAYRAP.ℭℴℳ

      • johanneslabusch

        Is there seriously no way to clean up this shit quicker?

    • maccamcfc

      Yeah I seem to remember he wrote some book saying the black helicopters are coming shit, they have no sense of shame.

  • Frederic Poag

    Does anyone get fired from the Conservative Entertainment Complex? Why would anyone listen to Dick Morris or Bill Kristol?

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Dick Morris seems to be as close as they come to getting fired.