Megyn Kelly Scolds Producers for Interrupting "Important" News with Live Video of Violence in Ferguson

Kelly interrupted her interview with a "Fox News contributor," also the head of Concerned Veterans For America, and chastised her producers...
Kelly interrupted her interview with a "Fox News contributor," also the head of Concerned Veterans For America, and chastised her producers...
kelly_ferguson

In case you're still on the Megyn Kelley superfan bandwagon following her not-so-challenging interview with Dick Cheney, you might want to take a look at this video. Today on Fox News Channel during a segment about the ISIS beheading of journalist James Foley, the producers of Megyn Kelly's show cut to live footage of police violence in Ferguson. Kelly interrupted her interview with a "Fox News contributor," also the head of Concerned Veterans For America, and chastised her producers -- live on the air:

Hold on. I realize, can, just, I realize something's happening in Ferguson but we're talking about something important here, so can you at least split-screen the video?

Oops.

While the ISIS atrocities are absolutely important, to suggest that Ferguson isn't comparatively important is just dumb -- even by Fox News standards, and it displays a particularly harsh disdain for the ongoing coverage of what's occurring to the citizens of that city.

Kelly continued:

Look, it's -- the protesters and police are clashing again. All right? They're clashing again, but we're talking the dead -- the death of an American, of an American who was beheaded.

This actually makes it worse. Here we go again. More crap in Ferguson. La-la-la. Big deal. What a professional broadcaster should do in this situation is to acknowledge the breaking news in a polished and seamless way, then return to the guest. If it was Justin Bieber getting arrested or any number of bullshit stories, the pissy-pants response would be understandable.

But Ferguson isn't just another news story, and as a professional anchor, Ferguson should be handled very, very carefully. Though I suppose it's asking too much of Fox News anchors for this level of professionalism and sensitivity.