If You're Not Rooting For Sean Hannity In This Interview, You Have a Serious Problem

Sean Hannity knocks it out of the park. Wait, what?
Sean Hannity knocks it out of the park. Wait, what?
HannityChoudary

Sean Hannity had a surreal 11-minute long interview with radical Muslim London cleric Anjem Choudary on Wednesday. It was the second time Choudary appeared on Hannity, and this time was even more explosive than the last. The man reported to have beheaded American journalist James Foley, Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, was supposedly radicalized by followers of his. Like the Islamic State militants, Choudary wants to see the establishment of a global Islamic caliphate based on sharia.

Hannity: Here's what's eventually going to happen. Eventually, the world's going to wake up to what I would say. And every radical Islamist like you will be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Compared to Choudary, Hannity came off like a social justice warrior when he grilled him about women and gay people. Granted, Hannity is anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage, but for this interview I'll take what I can get.

Last year in an interview discussing the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby on the streets of London by Muslim extremists, Choudary said"I don't think that it's allowed for Muslims to feel sorry for any non-Muslim who dies whether he's part of the army or not part of the army. If he dies in a state of disbelief, then he's going to go to the hellfire. That's what I believe."

Choudary also called one of Rigby's murderers "a very nice man."

One of Choudary's preferred debate tactics is to dodge specific questions about whether he supports what Islamic militants and terrorists are doing by pointing to U.S. and Western military actions in the Middle East. While that's certainly a debate worth having, he's completely unwilling to condemn atrocities carried out in the name of Islam because he probably supports them.

That's exactly what he tried to do with Hannity, who wasn't having any of it. But the most disturbing part was when the interview turned to shariah:

Hannity: And I don't want you sharia law, and neither does anybody in Great Britain that has a brain!

Choudary:You will have no choice, in fact, Sean. It's coming to a place near you. It's coming to a place near you.

Hannity: Coming -- so you're threatening to come and get me, is that what you're saying?

Choudary: I'm saying that the sharia will be implemented in the whole world...

Hannity: Sharia is -- so you...

(Crosstalk)

Hannity: That's what you want. You want...

(Crosstalk)

Hannity: Thank you. You've answered my question. You want a worldwide Islamic caliphate.

Choudary: Of course we do.

Hannity: You want a worldwide Islamic caliphate.

(Crosstalk)

Hannity: ... Islam to rule the world.

Choudary: And this has been promised by the messenger Mohammed...

This is exactly what IS wants: a global caliphate under which everyone converts to Islam or is killed. Or perhaps if they're feeling generous, a fine. Such a goal is not to be taken lightly, especially when it's given voice by radical Muslims like Choudary, who use freedom of speech to advocate a system that would in fact destroy it and anything that could even remotely be referred to as freedom.