Fox News Channel Host Wishes Vladimir Putin Could Be “Head of the United States”

10x10_pixel
Fox News Channel’s long-distance relationship with Vladimir Putin appears to be heating up again. For the longest time, Fox News hosts throughout the broadcast day were crushing badly for Pooty-Poot and his hairless man-rack. But when protests in Ukraine disintegrated into a not-so-subtle Russian incursion and attempted annexation of the country, Fox News kept its unrequited passion to itself — not knowing whether its audience would regard Putin as a hero or a throwback Soviet-era invader.

And then a Malaysia Airlines flight was blown out of the sky, most likely using a Russian-made Buk surface-to-air launcher. If, in the aftermath of that tragedy, Fox News hosts were still carrying a torch for Putin, you’d have to read very carefully to find any signs of love. Mostly, the network was unwilling to directly blame Putin, referring to the missile launch as coming from pro-Russia rebels inside Ukraine.

That was July — just over a month ago. A lifetime in modern news media time, and even longer in internet time.

But on Wednesday, Fox News reignited its affection for Putin — and, incongruously, on the same day when the Pentagon appears to have confirmed Russian forces and a Russian missile launch inside Ukraine. On “The Five,” and following a monologue about ISIS by talking troll Greg Gutfeld, panelist Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that Putin take over the United States for 48 hours.

“Can I just make a special request in the magic lamp? Can we get like Netanyahu, or like Putin in for 48 hours, you know, head of the United States?”

There’s no gray area there. Putin for (Temporary) President. Guilfoyle’s 48 hour term is more than enough time for Putin to shoot down a few more passenger airliners; invite the Russian military into one or more states; imprison at least several thousand gay people; seize control of the internet; censor journalism; dissolve PBS and replace it with RT.

Vladimir Putin, a foreign-born former KGB agent operating under the pre-1990 communist Soviet regime, is Fox News Channel’s magic bullet for solving America’s problems. The same network that literally branded patriotism told us that Putin should take over the country for a while. The network that’s encouraging Speaker Boehner’s lawsuit against President Obama for his alleged abuse of executive power thinks despotic Putin would be a better alternative. Wrap your head around that one. Executive overreach is impeachable, but let’s bring in Vladimir Putin to fix things. I’m sure he’d totally get congressional permission for everything.

Nyet.

By the way, Fox News wouldn’t have mentioned such an idea without knowing full well that Fox News loyalists would suck it down like water — viewers who only know that Putin is “tough,” without knowing what treachery is associated with that toughness. Oh, and they also know he hates the gays. I suppose that alone is enough to sell them on Putin.

The myth that seems to have permeated the far-right is that being a badass is the end-all of leadership, irrespective of who or what is on the receiving end of that badassery. But they can count on one thing: Putin will spend his two days as President of the United States doing a hell of a lot more than signing a stack of executive orders. One of his actions would surely be to indefinitely extend his 48 hour term. And that’d be the least objectionable thing.

Put down the magic lamp, Fox News, before a lot of people get hurt.

  • Shawn Cicero

    Putin who threatened nuclear war? look no one liked any presidents. If it ws by vote Bush lost to Gore, we suck it up and stick together not apart

  • That River Gal

    How do you say “bitch tits” in Russian?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Moobs.

  • Allan Perez

    If presented with the opportunity I believe Greg Gutfeld, Hannity, O’Reilly, etc would actually blow Putin. I mean like full on blow, like shaking it in their face afterwards.

  • Dennis

    Stephen Hayes:
    Incredible that POTUS would declare at a press conference “we have no strategy for ISIL yet” – w/intel comm sounding the alarms on threat.

    President Tan Suit/Mom-Jeans has no strategy. Shocker.

    • Bosma

      Hey, Den-den. Thanks for reading the Gateway Pundit. Really great, thanks…

      • Dennis

        Woah. Jimmy Carter wore a tan sweater when he gave his Malaise speech. Obama is like Walter White in Breaking Bad. Giving out all these clues in his devolvement into the mental abyss.

        • Bosma

          Yeah, but Walter White killed all his enemies and accomplished his endeavors in the end, unlike other presidents who were confused when looking into ManTits McGoodRussians eyes and invading wrong counties without a strategy…

          • Dennis

            He had no friends, was despised and left a trail of destruction.

          • Bosma

            Do you think Skylar and Walt Jr throw the money away that Gretchen and Elliot will eventually give them? My guess is no. Fortunately there is no Uncle Jack to menace anyone and my guess is that Jesse finally gets his life together again and makes good with Brock.

            Anyway, what were you attempting to get at with any of that?

          • That River Gal

            Maybe one day your life will start with a job.

        • That River Gal

          Ermehrrrrrd a sweater!!!!!!

        • D_C_Wilson
        • That River Gal

          Step one: collect underpants.

          Did you have a point that sane people might understand?

    • GrafZeppelin127

        STRATEGY!?!?!1? That’s just crazy talk that doesn’t play well to armchair Generals. The President should talk like war drums, sell tactics like G.I. Joe accessories (preferably with slides from Boeing and Northrup Grumman), and pretend like logistics is a mom-jeans-wearing bunch of feminine stuff that only sissies worry about.

        It’s the power of the MIND! And the GUT!!

      • Bosma

        Hahahahahahaha…yeah…

    • Bosma

      Btw, I couldn’t find a picture of Man-tits Putie in a tan suit. But here is one of him in a mauve/light blue suit that DOES make his FACE look tan/bronze, a la Boehner. So there. Enjoy…

        It’s nice to see him wearing a bra.

        • That River Gal

          I love you guys.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Boehner: I’m going to sue the president!

      Press: For what?

      Boehner: I’ll get back to you on that.

  • jkebeans

    What a dumb ass. Feel free to defect anytime.

      They don’t need to defect, all they need is a passport and the right connections. They can also get 80% off flights with Ukraine airlines right now, so they should jump on that.

  • Barbara Striden

    And remember, the folks on Fox think of themselves as patriots.

  • Michiganmitch

    Similar to conservative man crushes on Hitler. White fascists give Repubs and other cons a stiffy.

  • 1933john

    Never argue with Foxicated Drunks.

  • D. Alexander

    Stupid people make stupid statements. I’m betting she does not know Putin’s history.

  • Herb Sarge Phelps

    I checked the dictionary and next to the word “Airhead” was a picture of Guilfoyle. OK it is an old joke but it fits here. I just wish we could set standards of what a news network has to be in order to be a news network, like documented facts before declaring something as a fact, placing commentary on shows that are opinions or spin. If a reporter or anchor states an opinion they have to state prior to and at the end of such it is not fact but their opinion. Oh what the heck, that won’t happen because then news would be too boring to too many.

  • Treading_Water

    Any minute now she is going to fake apologize by clarifying her statement. She didn’t really mean that she wanted Putin in particular to be president, any white guy would do.

  • Jason E

    Man Rack – I love it!

    • That River Gal

      I’m surprised he allowed those photographs to be released without a major photoshop overhaul.

  • muselet

    Yes, the ongoing Righty crush on Vova, Manly Authoritarian Man Of Action, is revolting. That alone is enough to banish the likes of Greg Gutfeld and Kimberly Guilfoyle from polite society.

    There’s something else, though, in these seemingly vacuous screeds. Gutfeld bleated that there are ISIS fighters who are British citizens and they wouldn’t even need a visa to get to the United States! Guilfoyle made a big deal about wanting someone who would deal with ISIS—”get it done right”—so Americans “don’t have to be worried and wake up in the morning fearful of a group that’s murderous and horrific like ISIS.”.

    They’re starting to sell fear again. I’m sure it’s purely coincidence that they’re starting just a couple of months before the midterm elections. I’m equally sure no R candidate for either house of Congress would dream of accusing a D opponent of being soft on terror!

    I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m heartily sick and tired of Be Afraid! Be Very Afraid! as a campaign slogan.

    –alopecia

      They want Putin to have British Air shot down in New York City?

      • muselet

        Well, since according to Greg Gutfeld, “up to three thousand ISIS fighters could be Brits”—note the weasel words—Righties might decide that your scenario was justified since someone on a BA flight could be a terrorist. Vova wouldn’t have caused the deaths of hundreds of innocents, he’d have prevented an act of terror on the homeland.

        Actually, as long as Americans are anxious, nervous or fearful enough to vote R, the Right will be happy.

        –alopecia

  • nickforset

    I would just like to take the air and not have my nostrils assailed by the vile stench of these world leaders. For all i care vladamir can fist fuck obama while the red army march on washington. Likewise, the yankee tar hearts can baffoon their way up the orinocco to mother russia and the frozen north where putin will greet them mouth open for a good bj.

    • nickforset

      One must challenge the status quo and the wealth of the elite or what is life worth

    • That River Gal

      Sorry to interrupt your conversation with yourself, but could one of you locate your shift key before typing the words “fist fuck”?

      Thanks.

  • missliberties

    I think there is something in there about Christianity. Putin supports Christians, said Fox News. Obama doesn’t. That is where this comes from.

    Just like that crazy cop from Ferguson. He was taped saying he was a good Christian, and mentioning that he has killed, and will kill again. Bet that dude loves him some Pootie Poot.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’ll bet that crazy cop will have his own radio show pretty soon.

    Because they love dictators so long as it’s THEIR dictator (and his lily white skin and penis don’t hurt)

  • phreethink

    Might want to delete the “Putin shoots down another airliner” snidery. The latest I’ve heard is that the CIA doesn’t support that claim, and the silence of the U.S. Government, which had a spy satellite parked right above the event, speaks volumes.

      So, you think that the people responsible for shooting down the airliner can be identified with satellite imagery?

      • That River Gal

        If they’re wearing license plates, why not? ;)

          My initial search, that started with the CIA website returned with a whole lot of nutty conspiracies. And who are all these “former CIA analysts”? It seems that they would know that they’re out of the loop.

          • That River Gal

            Yeah, you’d think.

  • Ashes Defacto

    Just imagine if a liberal commentator had said anything like this at any point during the Bush administration. The whole Wurlitzer would have kicked into high gear demanding that the person take back their treasonous comment. Then they would demanding that that person be fired from their job. All followed by every Democratic office holder being interviewed being forced to answer as to whether or not they own that commentators words. Of course a conservative is allowed to say such things without consequence on

    Fox “news”, after all it’s only treason and sedition if there’s a Republican in the White House. Party over Country, every single time with these people.

    • Dennis

      Wow, yeah, just imagine.

      This needs to go viral.

        Apparently you’re having difficulty leaving, Dennis. Just type a different address in the bar and hit “enter”.

        • Dennis

          You’re really, really taking her comment seriously, aren’t you, Felonius? Like it’s not just your day that it’s going to ruin, but perhaps your whole coming holiday weekend, and then some.

          Maybe I’m being tone deaf to your sensitivities, is that it?

          • xServer

            It doesn’t matter if she was serious – it matters that she went on a damn news program and said something that monumentally stupid. She shouldn’t have a job.

          • Hank

            Uhhhh….Pssst…..”The Five” is not a news program. Neither is The Daily Show. Guilfoyle isn’t a reporter. Neither is Stewart.

          • xServer

            Stewart is on Comedy Central. He’s a comedian who uses satire to examine the news and world events. “The Five” is on a cable channel that touts itself as a news channel under the heading “Fair and Balanced.” I expect them to live up to that. And I expect people who open their mouths on a news channel to have working brains. It’s not TMZ, after all.

            Didn’t the Supreme Court decide that it’s o.k. for programs that called themselves “news” to lie?

          • GrafZeppelin127

            Not specifically; it held that Fox could fire reporters for refusing to lie. And it wasn’t the Supreme Court; it was a Florida appellate court.

            Interesting, Graf. Thank you.

          • D_C_Wilson

            You expect wait too much from anything run by Roger Ailes.

          • NW10

            Fox “News” isn’t a news channel, especially when Scott Walker (R-WI) is calling on Republicans to use the network to get their message out.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            I think Palin did that too; encouraged GOP candidates to “speak through Fox News.” Don’t remember exactly when.

          • D_C_Wilson

            She said that to Christine O’Donnell. Remember how that worked out?

          • maccamcfc

            Guilfoyle thinks she is a deep political thinker while Stewart knows he is a comic, that’s a very big difference.

          • Dennis

            It’s inly monumentally stupid if you’re taking it seriously, which you’re straining to do.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            No, it’s monumentally stupid either way.

          • Dennis

            No it’s not. Only if you’re a bored liberal straining to appear outraged at it.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            Yes, it is. Imaginary people’s imaginary thoughts notwithstanding.

          • Dennis

            By liberal standards, monumental means something they won’t even be talking about ever again come tomorrow.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            Mind-reading is not your strong suit. Not sure what is, but it’s not that.

            Forestalling welcome— he’s very good at that. It’s anti-social and pointless, but it arouses a kind of morbid curiosity, I think.

          • Jeremy Grunloh

            We accept your concession.

          • That River Gal

            “straining”. You keep using that word. Given the level of projection you use on a daily basis, might I suggest adding more fiber to your diet?

            You spend a lot of time reading into text and imagining what people here are thinking writ large based on comments. What kind of need does that fulfill, Dennis? I don’t get what you get out of being a heckler who projects and makes straw men out of people.

      • D_C_Wilson

        I admit it is difficult to imagine a liberal wishing that a corrupt foreign dictator was president of the USA for two days.

    • Toolymegapoopoo

      How can you forget how liberals were pining over Kaspar Villiger (President of neutral Switzerland) during the run-up to the Iraq war?!?! Oh right, because that never fucking happened!

  • Hank

    Of course, they aren’t saying they want “The” Putin or “The” Netanyahu for President. But then, that wouldn’t make for good noise.

    I think what they are saying, and what quite possibly 60%+ of Americans are saying is that we would like to have a President with courage and conviction. A President willing to take decisive action regardless the political winds. Too many actions or lack thereof from this administration reflect an inordinate concern for politics.

    • Bosma

      “Too many actions or lack thereof from this administration reflect an inordinate concern for politics.”

      Quintessential troll gibberish, right there…

      • Hank

        Talk to Bob Gates, et al.

        • sealiagh

          About??

          • Toolymegapoopoo

            The voices in Hank’s head

          • Hank

            I try to do some basic research and inform my opinions. I suggest you might want to do the same.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            I try to do some basic research and informvalidate my opinionsprejudices.

            FIFY.

          • sealiagh

            I googled “Ask Bob Gates” and got many hits about his memoir “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary of War.” Is that the basic research you speak of? Should I read the book or just the reviews? Which did you do? Looks to be about 600 pages. Not sure I am up for it because I am in the middle of a long book about WWI. But since you have an analytical mind, free of hyperbole and bias and seem to be capable of forming a thought not driven by bias couldn’t you do us all the favor of at least a short, succinct synopsis of your opinions and upon what they are based. Not everyone has the time to delve deeply into everything so those, like you, who have the time and skill should want to help illuminate the rest of us. I wonder why you don’t do that? Someone with such an analytical and informed mind should surely be able to put his views into one or two short paragraphs with references for further reading. You should not be so shy or humble, Hank.

            With slightly more specific search terms, I found an article stating that Gates was telling Obama’s critics that they should tone down the criticism and that none of these boobs talked like this when Russia invaded Georgia.

            http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bob-gates-tells-obamas-ukraine-critics-to-tone-it-down/

          • Hank

            It’s not my job to be shy and humble. I try to inform myself as best I can then articulate my opinion. Just as you do yours. I trust you’re capable of taking the same measures I do to inform myself as best I can. I’m not sure why you feel myself or others should work to inform you. I’m not out to change your mind. I’m just sharing a different viewpoint.

          • That River Gal

            Next time you “share a different viewpoint” based on your alleged research, use adjectives. When you want to graduate into something a little more specific than “words”, try a link.

          • Hank

            If you wish to dispute my viewpoint, do your own research.

          • That River Gal

            Yes, we should do basic research. Allow me to present a counter argument: Smith. Please understand the context and manner in which I offer this. Do your research. Look far and wide, and you will see that I have won this argument. How? Well, Smith, dummy!!

          • Hank

            I was only expressing an opinion. I wasn’t “arguing” with anyone.

    • formerlywhatithink

      I see you’re using the Foxified version of President Obama, disregarding the fact that he has many legislative accomplishments despite deeply entrenched opposition in Congress, continuing, racist attacks from conservative pundits, lies spread by Fox and conservative radio talkers, a new political party formed explicitly to combat everything he does (the tea party), continual, and unprecedented, attacks on his family and a media that is so committed to the false equivalency game that people like you are uninformed as to the true state of politics on this country.

      Putin does not do anything with courage and conviction, something you infer President Obama does not have. Putin has a malleable government which allows him to rewrite the laws to suit his agenda. Putin wouldn’t last 48 hours if he faced the same amount of resistance that President Obama has to deal with every, single day.

    • sealiagh

      Surely you could provide us with links to these actions or lack thereof of which you speak?

      • Hank

        You don’t need links. You just need an analytical mind, free of hyperbole and bias and capable of forming a thought not driven by bias……oh…..never mind.

        • Matthew J

          (Howling with laughter, tears running down my cheeks — wait a sec while I blow my nose …)

          “You don’t need links …” (ha, ha, ha … wait, let me catch my breath …) You saying we don’t need facts, there, chumly?

          “You just need an analytical mind, free of hyperbole and bias and capable of forming a thought not driven by bias …” (oh, God, I just fell out my chair, my stomach hurts … breathe …. breathe …)

          Now that’s a description of Fox News (and yourself) that would never have occurred to me. Reverse projection, maybe (I do loves me some irony)?

          Thanks for the laughs.

          • Hank

            Well. I didn’t want to suggest “common sense”. That might have caused the site to crash.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            I hope you don’t congratulate yourself like this in every conversation.

          • That River Gal

            Only if he remembers which account he’s logged into.

          No one is free of bias. What a stupid conceit that is. What’s important is being open about your biases.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          Hank, you don’t have an analytical mind. You have shit for brains.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I forget, is Obama a feckless mom jeans wearing loser or a ruthless dictator planning on using executive orders to impose Marxist Shariah law on all of us this week?

        It seems the word is “feckless” is in:

        1. ineffective; incompetent; futile:

        2. having no sense of responsibility; indifferent; lazy.

        Uh huh.

        If justice occurred in nature, any cable news talking head would be struck by lightning for using these terms in reference to someone as conscientious and principled as Barack Obama. It describes our press to a “T”.

      You mean like killing Bin Laden, getting Syria to give up its chemical weapons, and stopping Gadhafi?

      • Hank

        Applauded but done by committee….Done by Putin and really not done at all. He got outmaneuvered on that one. And exactly how did he do that??

          He did those things as Commander in Chief. Do you want someone to explain the three branches of government to you and the chain of command in the military? I think you should look it up.

          • D_C_Wilson

            You’re forgetting the rules:
            1) Anything bad that happens is directly Obama’s fault.
            2) Anything good that happens is despite Obama’s incompetence.

    • xServer

      We already have a president who makes decisions regardless of political winds. That’s why we have Obamacare and he’s being sued by the GOP. You can’t say that he’s over-reaching his authority and also that he is indecisive and weak. Pick one.

    • http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/ Ipecac

      Sorry, but agree with him or not, anyone who thinks that President Obama lacks “courage and conviction” and isn’t “willing to take decisive action regardless [sic] the political winds” is impossible to take seriously.

      I thought he was a tyrannical dictator?

      • Hank

        “…tyrannical dictator…”

        I’ve never said that. But now that you mention it, it might be an improvement over his rampant fecklessness.

          Do you want him to tie you up?

        • Scopedog

          Uh….

          Nope, not going to respond except with this….the stupid REALLY burns with this statement of yours.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      [Applause] Excellent performance-art piece. What do you call it?

  • Dennis

    Oh my. Never before in the annals of liberal blog hyperbole and communally-feigned freak-outs has so much been implied from so little said by one person.

    “Can I just make a special request in the magic lamp?”, miming the rubbing of a magic lamp…..means that she’s serious, that it was approved beforehand by everyone at FOX News, and that all conservatives are fully-behind her not-satire dog-whistle call for Putin being installed as POTUS for two days.

    • That River Gal

      Once again I have to ask: Have you no sense of irony?

      • Dennis

        Seriously, Stalker Gal, have you guys no sense of what satire is?

        Bob: “There’s no gray area there.”

        Hahahaha.

        • Bosma

          Right bob said they believe in magic lamps, therefore bob cesca believes in magic lamps..

        • That River Gal

          Stalker? You wish.

        • Matthew J

          Satire? Oh, I get it, she was pulling a Colbert, then?

        • http://rickladd.com Rick Ladd

          Successfully using satire requires an actual, functioning sense of humor, which is a faculty Fox, its listeners, and conservatives in general are sorely lacking.

          • Dennis

            ‘Its listeners’ includes you guys, Rick.

          • http://rickladd.com Rick Ladd

            Sorry. I meant to write “slavish lackeys and sycophants”. Better?

          • Hank

            Much better. Now we know we’re dealing with a mindless lemming!! ;)

          • http://rickladd.com Rick Ladd

            That’s me. Jack Lemming.

    • xServer

      Here’s the thing: Fox News is supposed to be an actual news organization. They are supposed to provide thoughtful, balanced commentary and not satire or hyperbolic fear-mongering statements just to create churn. At every turn they fail at their job. If you are going to defend them by saying “they’re not serious, clearly they’re not” then please tell me why they are still pretending to provide “Fair and Balanced” news coverage. Just be honest – “Fox Opinion, Home of the Right” and I will stop pointing out their hypocrisy.

      • Dennis

        Dude, the show is The Five. They’re not there to strictly report the news, but to discuss the news. That’s just the first thing in your whine that’s wrong. The second is that it’s somehow against the rules of cable news organizations not to have on people with an opinion who sometimes engage in satire when expressing those opinions.

        The thing is, though, they like it when liberal blogs whine, bitch and moan about something like this. The notion that someone like Bob or Tommy watch Fox News diligently ‘so that you don’t have to’, is a canard. These things only serve to feed your outrage addiction, and you end up watching more of the news channel just to stay up on what all you guys are compulsively talking about every day.

        • xServer

          I do hold the cable news media to the standard that they should present actual news. If they are going to call themselves “Fair and Balanced” then they should live up to their own tagline. Dude.

          • Dennis

            Dude, they can do whatever they want to do. They have shows where they present the news, and they have shows where they provide opinion commentary.

            If you don’t like that, or how they bill themselves, there exists presently a very good solution for you.

            And there is a solution for you that is the same, Dennis. How can you not see that?

          • NW10

            Explain how Fox “News” is legit when you have a sitting Republican governor calling for his fellow Republicans to use the network to “get their message out.”

        • That River Gal

          Explain why you think this comment, in context, was satire. Be specific, rather than being…Dennis.

          • Hank

            If you truly lack the common sense to NOT take her comment literally, why waste the effort in what would most likely be a failed effort to educate you?

      Why do you always think that commentators here are being emotionally demonstrative?

    • GrafZeppelin127

      “Can I just make a special request in the magic lamp? Can we get like Netanyahu, or like Putin in for 48 hours, you know, head of the United States?”

      Whatever this is, it’s not satire.

  • cathartic1

    Do they really hate the guy that much that’d rather embrace Putin?

    Stupid question: when Bush was president and the left was going insane, did anyone, especially on a “news” network, ever mention that they’d rather have some other tyrant take over our country? Or are we in completely new territory now?

  • Ansel Akula

    “OBAMA’S A MARXIST SOCIALIST!”

    “WE WISH PUTIN WAS OUR PRESIDENT!”

    What color the skies must be in their world.

  • doc wise

    this idiotic cunt….first they piss and moan because obama is a socialist, marxist and a communist….but now what they want is a communist leader?shows just how much they hate this black president

  • repugnicant

    So, the insinuation is that Russia shot down the Malaysian flight? Pretty Greenwaldian.

  • CygnusX1isaHole

    Guilfoyle’s 48 hour term is more than enough time for Putin to shoot down a few more passenger airliners;

    ———

    Can you please cite your evidence that Putin has shot down any passenger airliners.

    I know you take journalism very seriously and wouldn’t make such a claim without conclusive, independently verified evidence.

    Thanks.

    • Bosma

      I know, right? While they’re at, they should show how exactly Osama bin laden blew up those World Trade Center buildings. I’ve never seen any evidence he was near them. Where is it? Checkmate, da daily ban-tah..!!!

    • Take_me_back_to_the_60s

      For those of you with limited intelligence: Russia through their actions clearly provided the equipment that resulted in shooting that plane down, even if accidental. And Putin enabled that. Ergo: Putin shot down that plane is simply hyperbole to point out the train of actions that started with Putin. It isn’t that hard to get the point, even if exaggerated. But of course, you probably knew that.

      • CygnusX1isaHole

        There’s been no independently verified evidence made public to draw any conclusion regarding what brought down MH17 or who is responsible.

        As Robert Parry wrote on Consortium News (August 3):

        Contrary to the Obama administration’s public claims blaming eastern Ukrainian rebels and Russia for the shoot-down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, some U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame, according to a source briefed on these findings.

        This judgment – at odds with what President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry have expressed publicly – is based largely on the absence of U.S. government evidence that Russia supplied the rebels with a Buk anti-aircraft missile system that would be needed to hit a civilian jetliner flying at 33,000 feet, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

        Despite U.S. spy satellites positioned over eastern Ukraine, U.S. intelligence agencies have released no images of a Buk system being transferred by Russians to rebel control, shipped into Ukraine, deployed into firing position and then being taken back to Russia.

        Unedited: http://consortiumnews.com/2014/08/03/flight-17-shoot-down-scenario-shifts/

        This is just one of many pieces of potential evidence that has bafflingly not materialized including data from the Black Box and the recording between air traffic controllers and the pilots. If there’s evidence to pin the MH17 disaster on Putin or the rebels one assumes it would’ve been provided almost immediately. Instead, the silence continues.

        Therefore, for Bob Cesca to state that Putin now has time to shoot down a few more passenger airliners has absolutely no basis in fact even if he’s using hyperbole (which clearly he’s not).

        • Bosma

          “. If there’s evidence to pin the MH17 disaster on Putin or the rebels one assumes it would’ve been provided almost immediately. Instead, the silence continues.”

          And why do you think that could be??

          • D_C_Wilson

            Obviously, because the rebels controlled the crash site area for several days after it was shot down. You know that while they were looting the bodies, if they had come across any evidence that they were the ones who shot it down, they would have immediately handed it over to an impartial third party and totally would not have destroyed it.

          • Bosma

            Winner..

            Yeah. That’s why detectives solve murders so quickly. The work goes quicker when working from another country that is in the midst of civil conflict.

  • formerlywhatithink

    Isn’t Putin Snowdens sugar daddy?

    • nickforset

      Putin has his lips wrapped so far around Snowden’s knob that Obama has no chance of suckling.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I wonder how much Guilfoyle actually knows about Putin. Does she know, for example, that he has twice rewritten the rules in Russia so that he could stay in power? I mean, if republicans are outraged over Obama’s executive actions, they should be shocked at what Putin has done. Not that it matters, of course. The first rule at Fox is no one is ever worse than Obama, except maybe Hillary Clinton, but only when discussing her probable presidential run. I’m just waiting for one of these fools to say something like, “Hey, those guys in ISIS hate Obama, so they can’t be all bad, amirite?”. It’s only a matter of time.

      IS has “courage and conviction”, which some conflate with the reckless and autocratic behavior of white men.

    • Michiganmitch

      Well, Obama is a black guy.

  • Bosma

    Palin definitely would be a perfect choice for a slot on this The Five show. It captures her essence quite well…

  • Saren Arterius

    I remember they started this around the beginning of this year, and I commented somewhere if they kept up the Putin-worshipping they’d need to rename CPAC “CCCPAC”

  • Synclavius

    This is too delicious – why don’t you move to Russia then, you commies!

  • That River Gal

    The level of simplicity and childishness in thinking like this never fails to astound me.

  • NW10

    Kimberly Guilfoyle is unAmerican because she doesn’t support the President of the United States and instead wants the communist dictator of Russia as a leader.

    • Dennis

      Pretty sure that’s not what she wants.

      Even though that’s what the headline says.

        “Can I just make a special request in the magic lamp? Can we get like Netanyahu, or like Putin in for 48 hours, you know, head of the United States?”

        What part confuses you, Dennis? She did specify a time limit. I don’t know what she expects one right-wing autocrat to do in 48 hours, but expressing the idea that Vlad should be POTUS for any amount of time is pretty UnAmerican in my book— it’s especially odd that it’s being fed to a demographic that contains birthers.

        • Dennis

          Felonius, seriously. You need to get a life.

          • sealiagh

            I know, seriously Dennis, facts. How do they work??

          • Ashes Defacto

            Dennis Do you think that Vlad Putin should be President of the US? Yes or no. Why do you show loyalty to a political party over loyalty to your country?

          • Dennis

            No, Ashes, I don’t. And neither does Kimberly Guilfoyle. Nor does FOX News. Nor do Fox News viewers. They may not like the way President Mom Jeans is handling the ISIS threat, though.

          • Ashes Defacto

            Big surprise, you fail to answer either question but pretend an insult directed at the President somehow makes up for it. What a pathetic little man you must be.

          • Dennis

            I answered both questions. She wasn’t serious. Pretending this stupid, liberal, pretend freak-out is about party loyalty is absurd.

            Yet this is who you guys are. It’s what you do.

            So, don’t pay attention to what these people say? She’s simply expressing an imaginary wish. How meta.

          • Dennis

            Her wish is for Obama to do to ISIS what she thinks Netanyahu and/or Putin would do if they were in President Hook and Slice’s golf shoes. That’s all. Full stop.

          • NW10

            Her wish is for Obama to do to ISIS what she thinks Netanyahu and/or Putin would do

            So arm a bunch of radical separatists and start a genocidal war? That makes me feel even more comfortable about voting for Obama twice.

          • dbtheonly

            See In Re Georgia & In Re Gaza?

          • Bosma

            Would it disappoint you if I told you both bush w and Reagan wore mom jeans?

          • Dennis

            Would it disappoint you if I told you Kimberly Guilfoyle is a noted supporter of the homosexual rights movement?

          • Bosma

            Okay. What did all that have to do have to do with mom jeans…??

          • suesista

            She’s only lacking the Vlad Putin Broadcaster of the Year award, so she’s angling.

          • http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/ Ipecac

            And what threat is that? In what way is the United States threatened by ISIS?

            Seems to me that “President Mom Jeans” is handling the ISIS situation very well. Dropping relief supplies to threatened groups, hitting ISIS when we can do so to relieve Iraqi troops and besieged civilians. What else would you like us to do?

          • Ashes Defacto

            The definition of irony; Dennis here telling anyone else to get a life.

          • Bosma

            Hahahahahahahaha….stop.

            You want me to get another one? One will do, thank you.

        • jmtaylor700

          They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection“.

          The Danger of American Fascism, Henry A. Wallace, 33rd Vice President of the U.S.

  • cablejunkie

    you know who can fix the isis band wagon,saadam,oh wait

  • Neddy Merrill

    As a lefty I’d like to have Hugo Chavez as president for 48 hours. Sure, he’s dead, and all that, but the magic lamp can probably fix that.

    • OptimisticallyCynical

      Please say that was a joke.

      • Neddy Merrill

        Not joking. The magic lamp can animate the dead. I’m dead certain.

        • dbtheonly

          Zombie Chavez?

          I’ve heard of Fox Viewers being called zombies before. Wouldn’t want one as President. What would he do with the “Brains Trust”?

  • justlittlolme

    At least he’s not insane.

    • Neddy Merrill

      As opposed to the certifiably mad Ms Guilfoyle?

      • justlittlolme

        I’m not familiar with her, so I really don’t care.

        • Neddy Merrill

          Check her out in the above clip, at about the 1:30 mark.

          • justlittlolme

            I don’t watch videos. And what part of ‘I don’t care’ did you NOT get?

          • That River Gal

            God forbid you inform yourself before you spout off an opinion.

          • dbtheonly

            TRG,

            This is Fox (& its trolls) we’re speaking of.

          • D_C_Wilson

            Stay in your happy little Fox bubble. You’re less likely to hurt yourself if you don’t try to think.

          • sealiagh

            You make zero sense. This article is about Guilfoyle’s “president Putin for 48 hours” statement on the video so how can you comment on the article if you don’t watch the video or at least read what she said. Your comment that at least Putin isn’t insane (as opposed to???) is complete non sequitur. Keep up. Or go comment elsewhere.

          • sealiagh

            If you don’t care why are you even here???? So maybe Putin is not instance….you I am not so sure. You are acting nutty.

            Are you lonely?

        • sealiagh

          But she is the subject of the article. So if you read the article you are now at least a little familiar with her. But perhaps (and more likely) you did not read the article. Even so you clearly care enough to comment or are you lying about that, eh?

          • justlittlolme

            So one is required to read the article in order to comment on the headline? Sorry Officer. I didn’t know the thread police were out today.

          • stacib23

            You know, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
            You just keep pulling stuff outta your ass but be prepared to have it tossed back at ya.

          • D_C_Wilson

            Required? No. But it might help you avoid looking like a fool.

          • sealiagh

            OMG you are so so so right. What an outrageous notion I must have had to expect someone commenting on an article to have actually read the article. Suggestion to editors of Daily Banter: need two separate comment threads – one for those who wish to comment on the article itself and one for those who wish only to comment on the headline of the article. That way justlil doesn’t have to worry about the thread police any more. Poor thing.

          • dbtheonly

            Do you remember the April Fool prank from National Geographic (I think)?

            They had a headline to the effect that reading was dead and a link to the article. The article exposed the prank & asked people not to reveal the prank in the comments. It was funny/sad to read the outrage from those who hadn’t read the article.

      • Rollo Tamasi

        The response you got is a good example why it is pointless to waste even 2 seconds engaging with these clowns.

    • That River Gal

      You sure about that?

    • NW10

      Really? This is the same man who gave weapons to a group of separatists who shot down a civilian airliner and really believes he can reinstate the old USSR.

      • justlittlolme

        I didn’t say he wasn’t an arrogant, myopic bully with an ego the size of Siberia trying to reconstruct the ‘glory’ of Russia ….. I just said he wasn’t insane.

          Sociopaths usually aren’t insane, they just don’t care about caring.

    • Bosma

      Really? Did you look into his eyes or something??

    • sealiagh

      This comment is relevant to this article, how?

  • ranger11

    They really love their strong daddies. Where do they find these chicks? It has to be a put-on. Stalin really could have been their iron man. They weird.