This Conservative Just Said the Worst Thing About Immigration So Far

File this under, "This was a thing that was actually said."
File this under, "This was a thing that was actually said."
Lowry

If you thought you've already heard the worst thing you can hear from a conservative in the national immigration debate, you're about to feel really silly. That's because Rich Lowry of the National Review just dialed it up to, well, does it go higher than 11? Because it seems like that's what just happened. At a Heritage Foundation forum (how shocking), Lowry explained what should be done with Republicans who suggest that immigrants just might be willing to do the jobs that Americans won't:

“The next time I hear a Republican strategist or Republican politician say that there are jobs that Americans won’t do, that person should be shot, he should be hanged, he should be wrapped in a carpet and thrown in the Potomac River. Um, you know that's what they did to Rasputin. I think it was a different river, but let me tell you, it worked."

Yes, "It worked." It worked in the sense that Rasputin -- however crazy he may have been -- was murdered. So here's Lowry, advocating for the murder of members of his own party who dare suggest that immigrants are willing to do jobs that Americans won't.

Thus, it looks like Lowry wants Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) against the wall to be shot, then hanged, then wrapped in carpet, and thrown into the Potomac:

McCain may have survived a plane crash and five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, but he'd be no match for Lowry's Yusupov doctrine for dealing with Republicans who are sympathetic to undocumented immigrants.

h/t: Mediaite

Image credit: Gage Skidmore